Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair, biased moderator L1011 in housing forum

Options
  • 25-03-2022 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I want to report this moderator, "L1011", in the accommodation section for being unfit to moderate.

I posted in a thread on Ukraine housing, mentioning a recent video at Dublin airport.

Another user, bubblypop, proceeded to lie about the video, saying that it was false and incorrect and that they had seen a different video. I asked them to post it, seeing as they had it to hand. They did not, making excuses, all the while casting doubt on a literal video that can be seen and heard. Clearly agenda driven to obscure truth.

I said they were derailing the thread, and subsequently I said "I think you're a liar"..."but you can prove yourself not to be by posting the video". They did not, but did continue to troll and accuse me of being a liar with no reasoning whatsoever, other than to spread misinformation. Not the most intelligent defence.

I then reported the user for intentionally lying and trolling, as the obvious goal of the user was to derail the thread.

The moderator "L101" then proceeded to wipe out all of the posts, perhaps 7 or 8, and proclaims that I am not allowed post in the thread again, whereas the obvious troll had no such infraction.

I replied on the thread (an admitted mistake), questioning how something so unfair could be allowed.

Then, to the private messages where I asked repeatedly how such an unfair decision could be made, to which I was treated with circuitous roundabouts and complete ignorance of my genuine, and fair, question.

See below;

<snip> Private Messages removed

I am reporting this moderator for

a clearly biased attitude,

for avoiding a simple question of fairness and clarity,

for an obvious, unfair favouritism, either toward the subject at hand or the other poster in question,

for ignoring that the poster bubblypop was flagged,

for rewarding a trolls intentions to disinform and have information deleleted, by deleting the posts in question,

for censoring the person that reported the troll instead.

Note, also, the hidden threat that this moderator was, to paraphrase, "on the verge of warning" me, yet no mention of the inciting poster, bubblypop. Bias.

It would be a mistake to have a biased moderator, especially when it lends itself toward deliberate, unequal censorship, and deliberate, unequal bias.

This moderator states that a video demonstrating questionable refugee claims at Dublin airport under the Ukraine crisis, is not relevant in a thread predicated on the effect of the numbers of people arriving under the emergency Ukrainian situation and housing. That's right. Deemed irrelevant by this moderator in a clear showing of unknown bias.

I would like to see how this website treats such clear breaches of honest neutrality at the hands of the very moderators that are supposed to moderate.

To allow such naked bias continue unhindered is to cast the integrity of this discussion website into extreme doubt, where only a cabal of such likemindedness could allow such a thing to continue. Disreputable, would be the word.

Fairness is what's asked.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moderator complaints are dealt with in Help Desk

Please note it is not permitted to post PMs here without the permission of the sender. I have therefore deleted those PMs

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've had a look at this

The thread is about accommodation for Ukraine refugees

You were discussing a tiktok video from Dublin Airport about people claiming refugee status

There were discussions between yourself and another poster over the video. The video had nothing to do with accommodation. The mod intervened stating the discussions had gone off-topic and indeed had veered into some racist comment

The mod threadbanned you, posting the following

"canuckle - do not post in this thread again. Do not attempt to bring the content you were pushing here to another thread in this forum.

Thread cleaned up after ridiculous off-topic diversion."

Looking at the deleted posts you were arguing with another user, accusing them of lying, over an issue totally unrelated to the thread topic. You also accused them of trolling

To be clear, it is not your role to openly accuse anyone of trolling. Report your concerns and a moderator will have a look

I am not seeing any unreasonable actions of the mod here

• Registered Users Posts: 10 canuckle

So you are not going to address anything I have correctly stated, while simultaneously towing the insult to intelligence that the subject was "irrelevant".

Here is what would be irrelevant to a thread based on Ukrainian housing that is stocked full of concerns over the numbers arriving: elephant mating rituals.

A video demonstrating questionable claims of refugee claims under the Ukraine emergency, ergo increased numbers of people, ergo increased, unnecessary and illegitimate strain on housing refugees in a thread based around the concerns of housing....is "irrelevant" from the point of view of this website?

So even though most of the posts in that thread are around the concerns of the numbers and where they are to go and how, demonstrating a potentially broken system is irrelevant. Yes, very legitimate.

And the other user is allowed still post away?

And the moderator with it's flaming bias has done nothing wrong?

The video in question was even raised in a small news article. At a time when information is extremely scarce, some places, or many, are pretending it's all a game to hide an agenda and that's my inference, and will be of anyone reading this exchange too.

/theliberal.ie/concerns-raised-after-footage-shows-very-young-looking-men-who-claim-to-be-ukrainian-coming-into-dublin-airport-seeking-asylum/

Thank you for treating me and the public like imbeciles.

Your comments relate to your assessment of the validity or otherwise of refugee claimants

That is not what the Accommodation and Property forum is about. It is to discuss property not immigration

The mod issued an instruction to everyone to stick to the topic. You chose to ignore that warning

There is nothing more to say on the subject

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement