Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Hawkins has died

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

Very sad news today, Taylor seemed to love what he did. One of my favorite bands but never got to see them live. Had tickets for the RDS in 2019 but gave them away as I decided to prioritize something else. I regretted it afterwards, even more so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,450 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very sad RIP

One of the best modern day drummers and his talents will be massively missed

Saw Foo Fighters twice and what a show it was. Hawkins very impressive both on drums and vocals

I do think the band will continue but it will very hard on them

I, for one will remember. You seem like a bit of a gowl though so I don't think I'll remember you.

What does that mean? Is there an assassin nicknamed "the booster" going around taking people out? Why don't you keep your conspiracy shite in your own threads FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Were you born a **** or was it the realization your mother wished you were a blowjob?

It's a special type of person who decides that they want to be a troll on the internet to get the attention that they are so obviously unable to get off people in real life.

It's an even more special type of person who would go onto an RIP thread the day of the man's death to do so.

You have gotten our attention. Hope you enjoyed it. Now **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

In a statement following an initial forensic examination, the Colombian Attorney General’s Office said a preliminary urine toxicology test indicated the presence of 10 different substances, including marijuana, antidepressants and opioids.

Wife and 3 kids left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Very sad. A real shirt-off hammering the skins drummer in the ultimate feel-good live rock and roll band.

Foos are one of those acts that never dissapppoint live. Give them a field or stadium and some speaker stacks and you're garunteed everyone goes home happy after seeing them.

Someone else mentioned Mark Lanegan. Another talented artist from the same era whose hard living tragically caught up with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

That’s a crazy amount of drugs. Wife and 3 kids at home though very sad on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What exactly does opioids mean though. I've taken some nurofen plus this morning to help with the hangover, a toxicology report would probably say I have opioids in my system now. A bit of weed is hardly going to cause heart issues either.

I was a huge Foo Fighters fan back when I was a teenager, saw them live maybe 5 times from 2000-2005 or so. Kind of went off them after that but did go to their Slane show in 2015 I think and they didn't disappoint. I had definitely envisaged them still playing shows until they got seriously old but I think they might call it a day after this, Taylor was a pretty integral part of the band and shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

thats a lot of drugs to be in ones system but many people have issues that would lead to such drug use and dont die at 50, must have been some underlying issues

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Yeah I'm with Royale on this one. Taylor had said in interviews he wasn't about that sort of life anymore. So I don't think he was taking part in anything sordid, Something must have happened. Obviously he can change his mind but from reading Dave's book I just don't think it's that

Edit: hadn't looked at the news yet..so I'm obviously wrong..if what the media is saying is correct that the foos have confirmed it 😔

My wife commented recently about how thin in the face he'd become, I certainly agreed with her. Did look like he'd lost a bit of weight.

On the drugs given he wasn't a very young guy and his job he could easily have back pain or something from years of playing and not looking after injuries.

Advertisement