Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid Booster

• 26-03-2022 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

Does anyone what booster HSE at using at the moment... i am due and prefer know in advance before i book...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Depends on your age, it’s Moderna for over 30s and it’s most available due to large stocks. There are fewer Pfizer clinics running.

Both are good vaccines, nuts and bolts of them are essentially the same. Moderna is a slightly smaller volume so mightn’t be as sore. I’ve had both vaccines and wasn’t too bad after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Trying to sort out Covid-19 booster for an older relative but I am the one confused ! Not seeking medical advice either.

May 2021 he gets first injection - Astra Zenica - age 64.

July 2021 he gets second injection - Astra Zenica - age 64.

December 2021 he gets third injection Pfizer-Biontec - age 65.

Text from HSE to get next booster. HSE say this will be his second booster ? HSE told him that first two injections actually constitute the first dose and that this next one - injection number 4 - will be his second booster. Is this correct ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

That's it exactly. The first two were a single dose, then the first booster leading to this second one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

My 89 year old mam got 4th jab the other day in the pharmacy. It was Pfizer. She's been lucky enough in that all 4 jabs have been Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

Due a second booster getting texts from HSE to book, but when I get to their online booking the results for where I am is '0 Appts try later' theres no pharmacy in town doing Covid Boosters, probably no money in it. Dr. isn't offering them either!

They have one day schedualed for walk in, don't know how many people will attend that, this isn't great for a large town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Does it look like they are phasing out the whole covid programme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Most HSE vaccine centres are only open one to two days per weeks at the moment

Advertisement