Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter Biden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭hometruths

Are you saying that the emails confirming the amounts he and his company were paid by Ukrainian and Chinese companies are not newsworthy facts, but just gossip?!

Speculation that he was qualified and did good work for these companies is gossip, as there is certainly no evidence of what work or when or how he performed that work.

The fact he was paid for the work, is just that - fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you saying that the emails confirming the amounts he and his company were paid by Ukrainian and Chinese companies are not newsworthy facts, but just gossip?!

I trust you've read the thread, even the last IDK, 10 or so posts. WaPo for example, could only verify 22,000 of those 128,755 emails allegedly on the drive.

So what it "confirms" is yet unclear except maybe in the mind of the reader. Does it equally and simply confirm that Giuliani or his sympaticos planted evidence supporting these allegations.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭hometruths

So what it "confirms" is yet unclear except maybe in the mind of the reader

Well we can agree on that. In your mind the contents of Hunter Biden's laptop remain gossip.

In mine, its news - based on what NBC reported as fact after, in their own words, "an NBC News analysis". Given that NBC were one of the outlets that shied away from the story originally due to concerns over verification, it stands to reason that now that they are not just reporting the story, but reporting the findings of their own analysis, they are satisfied that whatever emails they are reporting on are authentic.

i.e those emails that confirm Hunter Biden and his company brought in about $11 million via his roles as an attorney and a board member with a Ukrainian firm accused of bribery and his work with a Chinese businessman now accused of fraud.

And as I pointed out, they have not reported on how the big guy's 10% was accounted for, presumably because they have no evidence or verification of that.

All laudable journalism as far as I am concerned. Bit confused as how it can be dismissed as gossip, of whatever flavour, but we can agree to disagree I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

This thread is very quite especially with all the latest revelations.

My favourite at the moment is 4Chan discovering what name Hunter had Joe saved under on his laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

10% for the big guy

Remember before the election that all the stories about Hunter were Russian disinformation and how they suppressed and banned anyone who talked about it, fun times. **** morons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Can't wait for this news to break on CNN and MSNBC. The liberals are in full nothing to see here mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

So we've moved from Hunter is a crim, to Joe Biden is a wrong 'un, off the back of the journalistic rigour of...*checks notes*...4Chan?

Media literacy should be taught in schools, that's all I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Is the info wrong? Doesn't matter if Satan respawned and broadcasted it once its legitimate.

Hunter Biden should be facing criminal prosecution and everybody who denounced the first leaks a few years back as fake news need to take their heads out of the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

What exactly should he be facing prosecution for and what has it got to do with POTUS?

What info are we talking here? Once again, where's your smoking gun? All we have is a crack addict with no-show jobs from peddling his name, and a photodump of him with brazzers.

Giddy 4Chan neckbeards are falling a good bit short of Watergate I'm afraid. Still on the Pizzagate choo choo train with nothing learned after all of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well that's definitely it, I'm never gonna vote for Hunter Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I hope any evidence of crimes committed by Hunter Biden are fully investigated and charges brought where necessary. No one is or should be above the law.

But doing drugs with prostitutes and redirecting charitable donations meant for facilities to treat sick children to your own hotels and properties are two very different things. Not to mention Trump's kids were very active in Trump's entire presidency whereas Hunter is not.

People trying to draw false equivalences all over the shop. Hunter is bad, therefore Joe is bad, therefore Trump isn't as bad. It's pure nonsense.

The impact of the revelation of the contents of Hunter Bidens laptop would probably also have been much greater if Trump, Fox et al weren't using it as the boogeyman to deflect attention from whatever scandal happened to be plaguing Trump for the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He definitely shouldn’t run for re-election!

Time to drop out of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Why tf was this guy compulsively filming and photographing all his misdeeds though? Beyond weird. It's almost like he's trolling people at this stage with amount of **** he was documenting that would have us lesser mortals in very serious trouble. What a dick.

Are you joking? Go on twitter, tik tok, Facebook or a myriad of any other social media platforms and you will see people doing worse things. He was a junkie, he banged some hookers.

FFS we have had elected officials in every country do that so why does it matter that HB (a private citizen) did it other than he is JB's son and there are (very weak) allegations being made about money being passed.

MMeanwhile we have the Trump children making millions from their "positions" in the WH, Ivanka's China patents and Jared Kushner getting billions from MSB and Trumps acolytes don't even want to comment on it 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Ah it's about time this Hunter guy was discussed here. He's an absolute mess and needs help. But his dirty deed's should be accounted for. His aulfella wanted to put junkies away for five years before. But now that it's his own kin, he has empathy for the addict in his own family. Which is understandable. The moral of this story is, don't count your egg's before they crack. Hunters a sick man, and what some of us did in spades he did in diamonds.

Diamond's are a lot more costly. But do the crime do the time as they say. I'd say he's up to his eyeballs in it.

Because he's from a liberal background,it doesn't mean he's liberated from responsibility. The amount of ripples his actions and acting out has caused, he should be accountable.

Pity he doesn't go from Park avenue to Park bench...

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

You revealed yourself with that last paragraph. No consistency, just pure hypocrisy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Speaking of China! More dodgy dealings Hunter seems to be a. Blind spot for Papa Joe

Eh.... Is Joe Biden deciding where private companies ship the oil to? You're making a pretty huge leap to reach the conclusion you have.

The highest bidder got the oil and shipped it abroad. What was Biden's influence?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why are the Trump children fair game for comment on the Trump thread yet Hunter Biden is off limits and exiled to his own thread, even now when the laptop has been confirmed as his ??

Trump, Melania and his children can be labelled every obscenity under the sun.

So you took drugs and shagged prostitutes?

I've never done either of those, does that give me the right to look down on you & call you a junkie? Should you be investigated for these crimes?

• Advertisement

Maybe that's a question to ask the mods who make these decisions and not me... a poster who doesn't make these decisions.

Lol that's all in your head lol

I did stupid things when I was drinking, but never slept with hooker's or took drugs.

I sold myself short by sleeping rough and ha financial regrets....

There's a difference between spades and diamonds lol

Be a good lad now and retract your assumptions....

You said you did what he did, he took drugs and shagged prostitutes 🤷‍♂️

It's called hypocrisy, and the political left / Democrats have mastered the art of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hey back off or I'll throw my lunch + plate at you and maybe even grab you by the pussy!

No I didn't, you're a goody two shoes and always had a clean slate.

So you don't know what's it's like to say what he did in diamonds I did in spades. You can put "done stupid things" in brackets....

Directly involved in the administration generally so somewhat different. Eg snake cited something as a conflict of interest that Joe doesn't have an influence.

Given their family history, the fact one of them started abusing drugs isn't exactly surprising. George Bush had plenty of substance abuse problems including cocaine. His kids had problems too iirc but was irrelevant to his presidency.

And given the fact that they're a nation in the midst of an opiate crisis, I'm inclined to say a lot of people would be pretty sympathetic towards addiction.

Either way not related to the Biden presidency and tbh, it's largely rejoicing in a person's misery tbh. Any crimes he's committed, he should have prosecution for. However, I've yet to see Joe being remotely implicated in anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The difference is that trumps children were employed by the white house. they took advantage of an official position to make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A couple of reasons you could probably figure out easily enough if you thought about it.

Firstly, Trump's family were a part of his administration (Ivanka and Jared, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Lara) or constantly with him on oversees trips, or being his representative on news shows, or campaigning with him (Don Jr and Eric who weren't given official roles but were obviously a big part of Trump's overall team). Ivanka, Jr and Eric were also caught up in many of the scandals directly related to Trump himself.

Secondly, Hunter, aside from big family events, plays no role in the administration, and if anything the Bidens probably keep him out of the public life or any association with the administration, due to his history and behaviour. He's not part of the administration like Trump's kids were, and therefore the contents of his laptop aren't even really relevant to the Joe Biden presidency thread until someone can show the effect it is having on Biden's presidency.

Thirdly, Hunter & his laptop have been used as a "whatabout" in the Trump thread for years to the point where it was constantly being brought up to deflect from or diminish whatever scandal Trump and his kids were involved in. "Upcoming scandal about Trump? Well I heard someone had Hunters laptop and there's stuff on his laptop!" The actual stuff on the laptop didn't matter but it was used as a deflection/rabbit hole to pull the thread into that it was likely threadbanned for that reason.

So now there's a thread solely about Hunter's laptop. What's the problem? You have a place where you can discuss it to your hearts content without it being off-topic. It's being treated as such a big issue that it has a thread dedicated solely to it. What's the issue with that?

My guess is, your issue with that is you can't use it in the Trump thread to defend and whatabout Trump's actions, and you can't use it in the Biden thread to attack him.

• Advertisement

Even looking back at old TV shows and movies, I remember in Dallas, Jr or Richard Channing in Falcon Crest would down his pills with whiskey or brandy. You're damn right about the opioid crisis. It was common place on TV shows and movies pills in the morning, pills at night, pills for life lol

I don't see it as often as before on TV, well I don't watch much TV these days.

Advertisement