Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS5 won’t connect controller

• 27-03-2022 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Today my son turned on his PS5 via PS button it turned on but then lost connection with the controller, I have spent some time now trying to reconnect it and it just keeps losing connection after 20/30 seconds. I have even tried my other sons PS5 controller and the same thing happens. It’s like as if it’s the PlayStation that has the problem not the controller itself as both controllers work on our other PS5. I have booted into safe mode and it works while I select to clear cache, restore system and I have done a rebuild database too and still no joy.

has anyone any idea of what to do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

This exact issue has just happened to my PS5. I have tried three controllers (2 x dualsense and 1 dualshock), with none connecting after turning on with PS button. I've had my PS5 since last June and haven't had any issues until now. Did you manage to find a solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Do you try and update the DualSense Controller. I had to update mine recently after the last PS5 system update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Or try this

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

Thanks for the feedback. I have tried the above with one of my dualsense controllers but no improvement. My PS4 dualshock is also unable to connect, when previously there had never been an issue. I don't believe it's a controller issue as the same issue persists across all three controllers. I have also tried rebooting with controllers connected to console via USB but no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Sorry for only coming back to this now, anyway I did sort it as I was on to Sony.

I had tried all the options when booting up in 'Safe Mode' but it still didn't help until sony suggested I tried the last option which was too download the system update to a USB and reinstall it from the usb.

This worked until I connected the PS5 back to the WIFI and then the problem happened straight away so I knew it had to be some sort of problem regarding the connection to wifi. I unplugged the wifi rebooted and it was back to normal.

To stop this happening again I ended up buying a Powerline so the PS5 didn't have to rely on wifi and everything is running perfectly again. I reckon there was something not right in the latest system update as it only happened after this previously everything was grand with wifi connection.

Try the above and hopefully it will sort it out for you but first I would try disconnection the wifi if you are running it over the wifi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement