Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud formation pics

Options
  • 28-03-2022 1:52pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea what this cloud formation is called but it looked amazing. Pic taken at Strandhill beach on Friday evening, 25th March 2022.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Taken today - Connacht. There was a perfect circle around the sun, but it wouldn't fit in the shot. (Originally taken with my mobile phone, these are screenshots)

A bit later there was also a smaller circle within the first one, but this time part of it was a rainbow, which can be seen very faintly - see arrow.

I'm a terrible photographer, but I thought the subject was very interesting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I saw the rainbow 'ball' too! I was driving west from.Dublin and pulled over a couple of times to take pics. Unfortunately the colours were saturated in the pic so it just looks orange but to the naked eye it,had read, yellow, orange and a little green and blue. I will post my pic below. The sun was way off to the left of this .

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

What are these crazy clouds? In Portugal.

Looks like computer game graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭waterways

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭waterways

Could be stratocumulus floccus or altocumulus floccus. Thank you for sharing. By the way in my profile pic are altocumulus floccus virga.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Some nice clouds put there today, no idea what they are called but the lround ones in the first pic really caught my eye

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Possible Funnel cloud near Carraganima, Cork this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm currently in Lithuania, and was in Vilnius last weekend and snapped this approaching thunder storm from the rooftop bar of our hotel…

Suffice to say the thunderstorm was epic.

Advertisement