Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday 29th March 2022

• 28-03-2022 9:24pm

Wolves

6.00 Johnny Reb , Tributo , One Hart

6.30 Bondboy , Kickbox , Libra Tiger

7.00 Red Flyer , Percy Willis , Richard R H B , Najeeba , Eagle One

7.30 New Force , Bakersboy , Harbour Vision , Diamond Jill

8.00 Dayman , Taj Alola NAP , Odisseo NB

8.30 Spy , Aguaplano , Homeric , Midgetonamission

Very tricky card,,, atm am thinking of backing the three nags in 6.0c race - think they've all good chances, and likely decent prices (haven't checked them yet - will wait, and savour them 😂)

was thinking about doing a placepot, but way too many picks,, might try and whittle them down ltr on,,

in the 8 0'c Dayman has a chance going up in trip, but is v short @ ~ 2/1 going up in trip, and he's not even 'paper fav' 😲.. that honour falls to the top one Stormy Ocean ~ 11/8,, he won over the straight 1m, easily, at Newcastle lto, but was in a slow time, and if he wins, well he wins,, won't be backing him tho,, and now that I've seen Dayman's price, i'll not be backing him either,,

had a 'sort of a' 😃 look at prices in 8 0'c; that don't mean i looked at them for t'opener, so not lying in saying i aint checked for that particular race,, last night it were when I picked these out, and i've no done any 'whittling' yet 😊

remember I was happy enough with likely prices for t'picks in t'first,, and, along with the other highlighted ones, I'll be happy to back them all e/w.. as far as the rest goes, I aint sure,,

now, back to watchin telly..

gluck all 😊

Comments

whittling down done 🤣

Wolves

6.00 Johnny Reb , Tributo , One Hart

6.30 Bondboy , Kickbox , Libra Tiger

7.00 Red Flyer , Percy Willis , Richard R H B , Najeeba , Eagle One

7.30 New Force , Bakersboy , Harbour Vision , Diamond Jill

8.00 Dayman Taj Alola NAP , Odisseo NB

8.30 Spy , Aguaplano , Homeric , Midgetonamission

e/w on these,, or win if less than 3s,,, a few didn't make cut,,, Johnny Reb a non - he would of made cut,,

:)

a few shortish ones at Wolves that might be vulnerable as regards getting a place

6.30 Mumcat, Carpe Fortuna

7.30 Eloso

8.30 Swilcan Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

22 horses over 6 races at Wolverhampton seriously

15 horses dude,,, that 22 horses is old news,, try keep up 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

2.5 per race

good man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Stop whining you two and better add something meaningful to the thread.

6:00 Wolves, two favorites have very strong claims imho, Intervention might still be on the up, has a smashing draw 1 to get himself into early lead on the rail; Chookie D only 1lb higher than his previous win, and has won off the mark 80 here last year, today he's 10lb -jockey's claim below that.

One Heart has dropped down to class 5 company only recently but hasn't fired yet but now he's on the career low mark. Tributo seems to be a bit tricky, and needs everything to fall right for him, jockey's claim today puts him below his latest winning mark over CD, I kinda like this one because he's still relatively lightly raced too.

Done Intervention meself, as well as the other two, plus Chookie Dunedin in 6.0'c - Paddy going 4plcs in t'opener ,, didn't do me p'pot tho,, 288 lines there were, and, allowing for t'prices, I reckon I'd need 6 or so lines just to break even

7:00 o'clock 12f, class5; the hot fav Najeeba 11/8 runs first time in the hdc off a very kind mark of 68. Her two previous races have produced winners rated well into 80++, if she's race ready she's gonna be very hard to beat. Main rival top weight Red Flyer who has won his two previous starts, the last one being class 4, he could be still on the upgrade, and he's only 2lb higher than his last win but yet to prove he acts on the tapeta as well as polytrack. I still kinda feel that the filly has better chances here, and she's more open to improvement than the rest. GL.

Do you reckon Eloso is gonna stay the extra 1.5f? He produced very strong finish last time, defo will win at some point.

About 8/1 now (was ~ 5/1 or 11/2 when I mentioned him) , and that's a fair price imo j@u,, He was held up last time, as was the winner over t'mile at Lingfield, so race was ran to suit then,, Just seeing 'Kodi Bear' in the breeding, I always asssume 6/7f tripwise , but that's about it really, and not much further - usually 🙂 ,,

Question is will he stay the extra ~ 1.5f tonight at Wolves?,, Them Kodi Bear's go well on Tapeta,, Not for me, and, like the rest of the punters what's not backing Robyn Brisland's horse, we're assuming the trip'll do for him tonight,, and Avonbridge on Dam's side as well - sounds like a sprinter to me that one 😃

reckon he'll win o'er 7f or a mile soon enough,, perhaps not tonight will be his night 😮

hope this helps ya make up your mind ! 😁

• Advertisement

Thanks leff, I'm clueless about the breeding side, or [more likely] can't be bothered reading up on it. So, it's between Bakersboy and Plumette then, New Force is CD winner and interesting to watch on hdc debut, but I think his opening mark is quite high.

I don't think I'm gonna have a bet in that race anyway, now I'm off celebrating Chookie's success 🤣 Intervention lost nothing in defeat but his progress has come to the end I'm afraid. Tributo blew his chances again by making shapes when leaving the stalls as usual.

rather be on New Force than Plumette in that one j@u ,, Plumettte come third over shorter two runs back, and is a winner from lto over 7f,, was a bit awkward then, and has to go down as a doubtful stayer also - absent any evidence to contrary,, is drawn beside a bit of a pig in Bronze River, who could well scupper her chances early doors, by being awkward/edging left etc when lids open,,

nowt wrong with New Force's form,, is CD winner,, negatives is new connections plus a big weight,, price is okay, if not great

hard to know about Bakersboy,, shouldn't be far away if repeating lto run, but is v short @ ~ 3s

I'd have Bakersboy over Plumette me

no joy in 6.30 :(

I barely know what time it is 😂 summit wronk with clock on ere 😥

Great ride by Hollie there,, ya give Najeeba a good shout there j@u 👏

thanks, leff, short winner is still a winner, happy days.

was nae really concentrating on New Force (8th in 7.30) , but was 'is first run for new trainer Mark Loughnane; and was never in race at all, being held up out back,,, might have found a few facts tho 😂 wins in one of his next two runs imo, and p'raps in a Class 4 with less weight on his back,, one to keep an eye on from shrewd stable 😋 ... or maybe he just wasn't good enough, and that it were a poor race he won at end of 2021 🙂

NB Odisseo wins @ 9s in 8.0'c, so a lil validation for leff 😁

am not time-travelling, tis the outta synch clock on here - ay tea aim !

Advertisement