Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn cutting charge

Options
  • 29-03-2022 5:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, what are people paying for law mowing. Have a house rented out but with a 0.75acre lawn tenants aren’t keeping the place. Was thinking of just getting it mowed weekly to keep the property looking good.

Was offered a rate of €75 weekly for 52 weeks to do lawns, hedges, keeping tarmac clean and washed.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

So €3900 for the year?

Unless you are getting really serious rent(like 2k a month), and lawn is a selling point I wouldn't dream of spending a fraction of it.

Rail off most of it, get a wild flower meadow going and make cutting much smaller lawn part of tenancy agreement (going forward) and maybe ask current tenant nicely to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

If I were to get my garden done .. hedges, lawn and strummed it would cost about that .. and it is the same relative size.

as for doing it for a tenant ... I'd cut a small bit of a lawn and let the rest grow wild ... not a hope I'd maintain a garden for a tenant like that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

As regards doing it for the tenant.

Im paying high tax on the rent anyway. Spending the money on the grounds care would ease the tax bill while maintaining the property better. I thought it might be attractive to tenants to have grounds work done regularly

we’re at crossover of either returning to rent or selling, just exploring all options.

The guy I approached suggested the year round payment for a total service, he said he does similar already and could give name for reference

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It does seem quite high OP particularly when at most you need 8 months of law maintenance per Annum, Hedging, maybe one or two trims annually, albeit I assume the person quoting, does so on the basis of an annual professional services contract.

It may and depending on your relationship with Tenant, be far cheaper to invest in a decent lawnmower and do a deal (Rebate) with the Tenant to maintain the lawn & Hedge and work in a requirement to clean Tarmac (Clean). Moving forward work something into lease to insure Lawn and Driveway maintained.

Ideally Tenant wouldn't require prompting to maintain exterior of the property but it would seem if a deal that benefits you both could be worked out, it might be a better idea and more cost effective.

I can say, local to me (Midlands), people pay approx €30 fortnightly for a lawn cut only, average size lawn and €40 requiring ride on but again, I'd assume prices vary dramatically depending on location and full disclosure, the people doing it locally are not a Garden maintenance professional full service, just a local neighbourly type service.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Grass only grows 7/8 months of the year so you can take 20 weeks off that.

It can be cut every 14 days during growth, if the tenants want a manicured lawn every Saturday that’s up to them, you just need to maintain it.

Hedges once a year.

Tarmac, once a year stay on top of moss and weeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just fed up with it looking shabby without regular attention. I’d rather roll it into the rent and pay to have it looking good.

Advertisement