Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do You Have a Moron-Deal Breaker Point of Reference with people?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

People who say, write or type ‘pedal stool’ instead of pedestal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,804 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy bee 33

Female managers saying “revert back to me”, do they want people to turn into a clone of them or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

People who confidently, stridently dismiss something - a place, band, film, TV show; those kind of things - as "crap" despite having never been there/watched/listened to/read the subject in question. I find that trait infuriating and it marks the person as a bit of a clown in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Two faced gossips, who pretend to be friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Put salt/pepper/condiments on food before tasting it............ get out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yes, it's absolutely only women who misuse the word "revert".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Flat earthers and people who think the moon landings were a hoax. Those two things will dock you marks. It’s not that I think other conspiracies theorists are sensible, it’s just these two in particular that are so **** stupid and easily provable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭pgj2015

People who hate the UK office and think its not funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

those type of malapropisms pacifically put a damp squid on a conversation 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

If you can't be bothered pronouncing the word "ask" properly, don't become a news reporter axing people questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭babyducklings1

Narrow mindedness and me feiners. The thing is they shoot themselves in the foot because they are closed off from their own personal development/ growth etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

A Twitter interweb link and an essay is the new normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Someone I work with included the she/her nonsense on her work email signature recently and she/her got well roasted for it.

"This is a place of work, not The ****ing Guardian"

Good times.

Also, anyone who says 'reach out', when they mean 'get in contact with' or simply 'ask' should be jailed.

^^^agree with the last point.

'reach out' is official lingo for 'i don't want to help you, paddle your own canoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

People who throw the pigeon among the cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Munstergirl854

Snobbery and I mean the kind that has nothing to do with money.You could be on the dole and have an attitude and look down your nose at people.Also, pay close attention to how people treat you in a crowd vs alone.Some people could be grand when you're having a 1 on 1conversation but drop you like a hot snot in a crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

People with no/bad manners. Get away from me please.

The last sentence applies to a dozen of my former classmates at that rugby school.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Christine Neville

Someone who insists in holding the door open for you when you're 30 yards away at the other end of the corridor. Not a deal breaker, but just annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

anyone who says "I seen that on telly" or "I seen that yesterday"

anyone who answers the question "Did you score last night?" with "no, I was playing full back"

anyone who gambles on horses ( or anything else really ) - dumb ass

anyone who repeats slogans from adverts in some campaign - "speed limit is a limit not a target", ah fook off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Yes, but washing machines live longer with Calgon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Everyone around Parnell st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

One that sets off my moron radar is people who are all over the place with their views who abandon/forget previously held opinions that they held with great confidence. E.g. someone drives a Ford Mondeo and it is the Best Car Eva and they won't shut up about it. Then they change it for a VW Passat and immediately that's the best car ever and Mondeos are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Christine Neville

@RobAMerc anyone who says "I seen that on telly" or "I seen that yesterday"

You do realise that's getting more and more common in Ireland... has to be. The same with them saying done instead of did. I never remember people saying it that when I was younger. In fact I know people who used to say it the right way many years ago, who changed over to the incorrect way! Soon the only people saying it correctly will be news readers and foreigners!

Anyone who always chats about some fockup or another somewhere sometime in their everyday conversation all the time. I don't want YOUR services anytime soon. Had the grave misfortune to encounter a fella like this in 3rd level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

People who praise "traveller culture "

Sure sign of an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

People who broadcast that their birthday is coming up so as to get cards and presents etc then go into hiding when your birthday comes along to re-emerge safely weeks later. Had this recently. Same person bitched about the calibre of presents she got from other people saying they were stingy. They weren't. Bragged about throwing a bouquet of flowers in the bin she was so disgusted it wasn't large enough.

Exit stage left.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭backwards_man

People who actually believe that Homeopathy is science. I wont treat them any different but I wont seek their opinion on anything, and will tune out when they talk about homeopathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

That last one, jesus christ, I was in the middle seat on a Ryanair flight once, also in the middle of the plane so clearly I'm getting off last.

Your one on the aisle hops up as soon as the plane stops, your one at the window starts getting agitated beside me, she clearly wants off the plane, two minutes later:

Lady: "Can you go?"

Me: "Do you want me to climb over all these people?"

Lady: "Hmph" then silence.

There was a bloody wall of people to both exits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭growleaves

You seen that on the telly too?

Washing machines live longer with Calgon but they don't have souls so they are annihilated at the point of death.

People who act like they would be best fit in cartoons like Star Trek Lower Decks and Star Trek Original Series Cartoon rather than

Star Trek TNG / Star Trek Original / Star Trek Voyager.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

Man child gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

Would that not include people who think religion is a huge manufacturer scam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When did this become a thing ? It’s bizarre ! “I’m going to axe Bob to go on holiday with us”… “i axed James if he wanted to join us for food”.. every third person is at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

The point in the Venn diagram where Grammar and Nazi meet? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

People who refer to themselves as ‘gamers’

people who park in disabled spaces who are not disabled.

people who drive into spaces who should reverse into them

People who park over the white line on purpose taking up 2 spaces

smokers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭YellowLead

People who list ‘sea’ swimming as a hobby on their dating app profile.

• Advertisement

People who ONLY TALK ABOUT the last gig / hooley / concert and the next gig they're going to getting tickets for, how they're going to beg borrow steal tickets etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Gaming is a hobby that caters for all ages, I'll be still playing games in my 80's as the games I play require more brainwork than watching most things on tv/streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭DJB030244

People who answer questions with SO

People in front of you who let the door slam in front of you leaving a shop etc

2/3 people who take up the whole path walking when you’re coming in opposite direction and one doesn’t move

people with lack of awareness like blocking everybody in an aisle

bad manners In general

people obsessed with their Job

snobbery , nothing worse

fake people

lick ass ladder climbers in Work

selfishness

ungratefullness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

People who make long lists !!

j/k , that’s a pretty accurate list for my moron border crossers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭DJB030244

Shitehawkery

Anyone who likes to regale how they always put down anybody else's business suggestion as a team member. After asking for ideas in the team project. Virulent in the Irish Business Environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Liverpool fans. I'm sure they're fine people but they're just not for me.

Conspiracy theorists, especially those who do not have a sense of humour about it all.

Religious people who spout their beliefs and think that their beliefs are the correct ones. Believe what you want but shut the f*ck up about it.

I'd agree about Mrs. Browns Boys fans too. Also anybody who likes any Irish comedian except for say Sean Hughes, and David O'Doherty.

People who are too into GAA and Irish sport.

That's about it. Everybody else gets a fair shake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement