Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commercial Company Vehicle: Tucson Comfort+ vs Kuga Titanium

• 29-03-2022 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭

Hi all. My dad has the option of either a Tucson Comfort+ or a Kuga Titanium from work. Both would come in commercial layout.

It's a segment I know absolutely nothing about so I'm asking for advice here. He is not a "car guy" and fuel, cost, depreciation, reliability etc. are not decision factors.

His main want is something comfortable, spacious (front and back) and easy to work with in terms of infotainment etc.

Any guidance from here would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Not something you'd hear me say often but given the choice of the two, it'd be the Tucson for me.

The interior is much more modern feeling than the current model Kuga, there's a decent sized, easy to use infotainment setup in the Comfort+ and the dash is nicely laid out.

The Hyundai is a bit mad looking but it has more of a presence to it than the Kuga which is an absolute inanimate object.

Are they the only two options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Are we talking brand new here? I thought they stopped selling the Kuga diesel now. Only petrol and hybrid variants now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yes, only two options available.

Kuga is leftover from a prior order of diesel variants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hyundai aren't converting any of the Tucson's coming in at the moment. Might be some later on in the year, but you won't be able to order one at the moment.

There were Titanium Diesel Kuga's came in, quite unexpectedly, so a good few were sent for conversion to commercial. None have so far been registered and there's no ETA on them being registered, even though they are now converted (and graphics done on the one I have ordered).

Rowley - if your Dad needs a 2 seat commercial this year, I'd see if a Kuga commercial is still available and go for that. Only other options are Discovery or Defender 2 Seat, and they are in a totally different price bracket, or wait until late in the year for a LandCruiser commercial, which isn't far off the cost of the Kuga on a lease (due to huge residuals) but is going to cost a lot more to run.

Yup, the wait on the Tucson would be into July. He's in no real rush to be honest.

Speaking with him this morning, it looks like he's leaning to the Kuga based on a colleague's experience with one. Titanium spec looks okay I guess.

• Advertisement

The wait on the Tucson will be past September, and I'd say it's going to be next year at least in all honesty, and I wouldn't even say early next year.

I'm not sure whether the Diesel Kuga's arrived to all dealers or just the one I deal with. Of the 50 that arrived in late January / early Feb, there were 3 left at the start of this week, so don't delay on one of them. When all the diesel Kuga's are sold, that's it - no more due for at least the rest of the year and possibly ever.

Cheers for the feedback! Either way, they both seem reasonably solid and the spec on the Kuga Titanium looks okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Going to throw this put there it's very left field but any chance they would let him have a Ssangyong Korando?

It could probably be got much sooner than either of the other two is reliable, spacious, well built has a good warranty, is well equipped and decent to drive.

I think it's better looking than the Kuga anyway but not the Tucson.

However I have never seem either in commercial spec only passenger form.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

They would probably want him to be taken seriously when he arrives places, so, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

Bit unfair , think Ssangyong have alot of potential but need better dealer network . Nissan irl imported them in celtic tiger years and helped get them out in big enough numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Really that is the best you could come up with? I am disappointed.

A Ssangyong would be no worse than a Ford and infact it might even be better because when a lot of people see a Ford driver these days depending on the car they either see a farmer, someone who has given up on life or if its on ST a boy/girl racer or someone who has not grown up.

At least with the Ssangyong you would have a good talking point and some conversation.

Believe it or not I actually prefer the last Korando it was more stylish with a more stylish interior well before it got revamped but the latest one is a good looking car too just a bit dull inside.

The Tivoli is a good car too even if it is getting on a bit and the

Rexton is a good car too and a good off reader.

I am really surprised they-are not more popular and they all come with 5 year warrantys too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

There's no doubt that SsangYong have come on leaps and bounds, but they're not good looking at all, and their quality/price ratio isn't enough to account for that.

Trust me, it would not be a good talking point.

Theh aren't nice, they're not even at the party.

Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. You need to consider, instead of looking at ads and reviews from authors who are afraid to give a bad review, what would actually happen if you spent your own money on one?

I've so many customers looking for 2 seat SUV commercials to replace what they currently have or for new starters, that I'm getting desperate at this stage.

Still not desperate enough to consider calling a Ssangyong dealer to see if there's any stock though.

Advertisement