Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank Recommendation - Personal Banking

• 29-03-2022 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,631 ✭✭✭✭

Ok,

im banking with a certain high street building society about 22 years for my day to day banking , since my late teens. A very happy client for the majority of this time but certain issues with them recently and after a visit to my local branch yesterday I’m done… without boring you all with details they are just completely user unfriendly now……both as an institution and in person regarding dealing some of their people.…a minority but yesterday, Jesus..

who are the best bank out there, in your experience ? Just day to day banking… I don’t foresee me requiring loans or any superfluous stuff.. just regarding having the following qualities…

good staff

good communication.

not overly bureaucratic,

not charge you madly for using cards / using bureau de change etc…

just straightforward and user friendly banking, both in person and online….

You can get cards / PIN numbers asap when required….and any issue they send letter ie. communicate as opposed to you chasing them yourself…

Research online suggests customer satisfaction with AIB is high but I’d like to get first hand feedback from folks here please and thanks in advance…

Ps…. I’d ask no recommendations for EBS ;)

Comments

I'd personally recommend the Educational Building Society.

• Administrators Posts: 54,006 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

AIB is probably the best service among the traditional Irish banks and the best internet / mobile banking, but also I think they're the most expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,065 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I spent months looking at them all, as a result of Ulster Bank leaving the market, and found AIB best met my needs. The new accounts were wet up very quickly and the staff locally were excellent, efficient and friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

AIB I have no time for, one of the staff went nuts at my friend before because he has a tracker mortgage and they had over charged him. Told him more or less he should be grateful to them and not complain

do what most people do, open up a BOI or AIB account it whichever. Then just send the money straight out to N26 or something like that. Don’t use them at all

Advertisement