Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suppliers of natural stone in or to dublin

Options
  • 30-03-2022 10:36am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭

anyone have any recommendations? looking for natural stone to build a low wall in the back garden.

we've been to two places - natural stone yard near ashbourne, and mcmonagle's beside the airport. the former didn't have what we're looking for, so only mcmonagles had anything suitable in stock (with a sizable delivery charge) - anywhere else i could check?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

Mc monogles would be best bet. Not many others around. They use a courier-delivery company so probably why cost is high. Try Manor stone in Laois.

Thought about getting a Go Van for a few hours and collect yourself??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

hmm, i hadn't actually.

mcmonagles is min €75 delivery, and i only live 7km from them. they did mention they use another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Stone would be extremely heavy, would a standard van carry it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it'd be more the loading and unloading i'd balk at!

Advertisement