Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling House - Utility Contracts

Options
  • 30-03-2022 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

We'll be putting our house on the market in the next month or so and then it will be another few months before the house is sold and everything complete. Just wondering with regard to contracts for utilities like electricity and broadband. If I enter new contracts now to get a lower price with a different/same provider and then in 6 months time the house is sold and there's still 6 months left on the contracts what happens? Is there an early exit fee or do you have to pay out the remainder of the contract? And what would these costs be? Can't seem to find this info anywhere... Also we won't be buying another house so I wouldn't be able to transfer the contracts to another property.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭frank730

the early exit fee is just 50euro I believe, I checked my contract with electric Ireland a couple of months ago.

Advertisement