Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the physical camera on a new dell monitor (to click it out/pop it up)

Options
  • 30-03-2022 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, not at home atm so don't have the exact model etc

But got a new dell laptop and cannot find the camera i.e. the pop up thingy???? Webcam screen showing black

Anyone get a new dell monitor recently? Where is the camera??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

without model - guesstimation for us.

For you - either is there or there isn't, see device manager for imaging devices

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So!

Because I have it connected to a laptop, I guess when I go in as you say: I am seeing the laptop imaging device not the dell monitor??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

For your computer(apps) to use cam, it need to be aware it does exist. Win10 most likely would recognize it and would install required driver or use their own generic.

That's not NEW model, but watch how it behave with cam closed, perhaps you also need to open it first to be powered on/recognized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2RZE87n4UU

In any way, you have monitor (model xxxxx ?) and you should have quick start guide with it , no need for guesstimation

Let us know how it goes

Advertisement