Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Way To Get Rid of This Mess

Options
  • 31-03-2022 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I have this raised area of roots,plants, bushes and tree stumps that I need to flatten in order to create a deck. I'm stumped (pun intended) in the best tool to use. I understand using a stump grinder for the trees, but what can I use for the rest? would a rotovator do it? Any advice gratefully recieved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Hire a mini digger?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That depends on the size of the tree stump and the size of the digger. I doubt one of the very small ones would shift a decent sized tree stump but with patience you could probably dig round it till it was loose. It would probably be a lot quicker and more satisfactory to hire a guy with a digger for half a day, an experienced person would sort that in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Tree stumps?

I'd go at it with a spade first and see what you can lever out.

Advertisement