Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for sowing wildflower seeds

Options
  • 31-03-2022 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

I bought some wildflower seeds during the winter and I'm not really sure what's the best way to get them to grow successfully. Should I plant them on small trays indoors first and then move them outdoors when they sprout? The packet has instructions but I figured people here might have a good idea of what works best from experience. They are Sweet Pea, Corn Poppy and Pansy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can certainly grow sweet peas and pansies in trays and transplant them. Poppies would be better directly in the ground. Neither sweet peas nor pansies are wild flowers though and sweet peas need something to scramble up. Where are you proposing to plant them? In what sort of ground/situation?

Advertisement