Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for driveway

Options
  • 01-04-2022 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for doing up the driveway.

I'm based in the Waterford.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Also in Waterford. It depends on what kind of driveway you are talking about. A large area of drive to a house in the country or a house in a town with a short or more formal drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭wildchild247

Thanks for the reply

It's a house in town, thinking about cementing or paving it for extra car park space or maybe tarmac.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My recent experience, which worked out well after months of deliberating, would not be helpful to you then, its a largish area in a rural setting.

From your point of view, concrete would be cheaper, hardwearing but not pretty. Paving is a 'how long is a piece of string' option depending on current situation, size, drainage options and type of paving you go for. Tarmac may be more trouble than it is worth for the small area, and there is loads more scope for a poor job that produces weeds in no time. It needs a lot of preparation.

Its mostly down to budget and what you prefer, and whether you can find a decent firm to do the job. My suggestion would be to walk around the area and see what you like the look of, and try and get into conversation with people to find out who did it for them and their opinion. Keep an eye out for trucks locally advertising driveways and contact them, ask for examples of work done, and check on them, remembering that the names they give you will probably be relatives or friends. If they have a website with photos, do a reverse image search and see how many photos appear on other websites.

I can give you a name of one crowd to absolutely avoid, I will pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭wildchild247

thank a million that was very helpful

Advertisement