Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booked holiday but couldn’t go because of Covid-19 pandemic

Options
  • 01-04-2022 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

In December 2019, I had booked a trip to Amsterdam for my parents with lastminute holidays. They were due to check in on the 23rd March 2020 but couldn’t go because of the COVID-19 pandemic happening in Feb/March of 2020.

Lastminute holidays decided to give us the option of getting a full refund of our money or going with a travel credit. We picked the travel credit that was valid until 28/05/21. 

The initial travel credit given was with the airline included but they decided to refund the money to us, so lastminute decided to issue a new travel credit with an expiry until 20/08/21. 

We contacted lastminute holidays in March 2022 wondering could they extend the travel credit and explained to them that in all of those months throughout 2021 there was alot of uncertainty given a global pandemic especially with travel whether it was safe to go or not. That there was times when we couldn’t actually travel and it was a big risk to ourselves and others. 

Lastminute holidays got back to us saying they could not extend the travel credit as it has passed more than 6 months for an extension on the travel credit and we could of contacted them earlier. Our point was no body knew what was happening as Covid-19 was here and there was a lot of uncertainties.

As they can’t extend the travel credit, I emailed them wondering could they refund our money but I am awaiting a response.

Can anything be done in this situation?

Thanks. 

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Moved to Consumer Issues, I think this is a more appropriate place for this query

Please read the local forum charter

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

I can't see anything that can be done unless it's a goodwill gesture.

People were allowed to travel last year. Also you selected travel credit.

Looks like they met their part of the bargain very well, so it's down to a goodwill gesture

Advertisement