Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Allowing yourself to be vulnerable

• 01-04-2022 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

This is not in PI as its more a common train of thought from speaking with friends and colleagues. Long story short I came out of a relationship where I was cheated on five years ago, few months after breaking up I met someone who seemed like they wanted something serious but turns out they didnt, after opening myself up emotionally I wound my neck in. Last few years yes I have enjoyed being the man about town, casual meets but met someone recently who restored my faith in maybe, just maybe that I could expose that soft underbelly of vulnerability. Rejection to me is a numbers game - I am brazen in approaching people I am just looking to hook up with but when it comes to anything more emotionally complex I tend to sit by the sidelines and suss it out. This chap I met was a seperated dad, older by 20 years but he just gave off this vibe that drew me in. Now we ended up going for lunch one day, few pints then two weeks later. Im going to myself..wonder if I did mention liking him would it be worth it. After meeting twice I think the body language is not there and from what I can see physically he is not my type. Id forgotten it years ago.

Brings me to a quote by Kurt Vonnegut which I thought was quite apt

Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.

Are you the sort of person who shows their vulnerable side or do you hide it?

Advertisement