Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyason ball losing suction

• 01-04-2022 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭

DC28 model. What could be wrong? It’s only about 6 years old so I’m loathe to junk it and get a new one. Anyone any ideas or experience? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Dyason ball losing suction

Shouldn't have bought one of those fake ones.

As above CLEAN THE FILTER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I think you’re right guys. Suction from the motor seems strong but it’s losing it between the filter area and suction pipe

Right, gave the filter a good wash and dried fully. Still the same, made no difference unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭oinkely

Blockage in the pipe where it narrows before going into the collection box? Mine is not a ball one but was losing suction and making a funny noise. Took the hose off, and then had to unscrew a few screws to get the next bit of pipe off. Prised two parts of it apart and it was packed with stuff, a tissue, a toothbrush head and heaps of dust and hair. Surprised the motor hadn't burned itself out sucking through the obstruction. It's back to normal now.

But i probably should also follow the advice above and clean the filter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Follow the instructions in the link to clear obstructions in the tubes. If the suction from the motor, as you say, is strong then it has to be some blockage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Have had a few different model Dysons over the years and this is fairly obvious but... have you checked the hose for a tear / puncture? Happened to me once and it took a while to figure out why performance had dropped.

Thanks everyone- it was crap blocked in the narrowest point between the dust cylinder and the intake pipe. Little plastic lid and lots of other dirt was getting trapped. Bit if a silly design but freed it and working fine now. Saves me another bill, thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tvjunki

I think there are two filters in that machine. I changed one and then realised there was another that was never changed. Full of dust.

Got off Amazon replacement parts. Brand new machine.

Advertisement