Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2% max rental increase allowed inflation 7% plus

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

That's the problem. I know from near 50 years of renting in our family, 90% are hassle free. But it only takes one scumbag to create untold problems which can range from wrecking the place to not paying rent or both.

I know my father got out of it 15 years ago for fear of the hassle.

I could write a book on some of the **** ive seen and none would be half covered by a deposit

My favourite which was not a big deal bit it was the attitude was in a new house I built but I moved out. Tennant always slow paying rent. Left the house in pretty grotty state. Some general wear and tear, but others not.

Broke the glass in the stove, half the roller blinds in the house were pulled down and broken but my favourite was the crayon lines up and down the whole length of the hall on both sides. I said what's the story with the crayons on the wall - (ironically the guy was a painter)

"Ah sur kids will be kids"

I wonder would he allow that if it was his own house. I know I don't let my kids do it in my house

Post edited by AckwelFoley on

Advertisement