Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gumtree -Paid Ads no more?

• 02-04-2022 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I sometimes post on Gumtree but I cant find the promote ad feature anymore where you can pay for a premium ad...

Does anyone who is familiar with site know if they have gotten rid of this?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

This is more than you deserve for posting such a question in AH, but never let it be said that I am not a man of compassion.

How can I purchase a bump up?

You can only purchase a bump up feature after an ad is posted. To promote an existing Ad with a bump up feature, click the "Edit" link found in the email that was sent to you when you posted an Ad. Then check off the bump up option and pay accordingly. Alternatively, you can purchase a bump up using the "Promote" link found on the My Ads page in My Gumtree.

https://help.gumtree.ie/IE/articles/en_US/KB_Article/All-about-Bump-Ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does anyone use it anymore??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lukewarm06

Thanks for your help but it turns out the site was going through a makeover and they have gotten rid of paid ads it seems...

gumtree.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mikecope

I wish they had an all Ireland Gumtree. In the North they use Gumtree.co.uk / Gumtree.com quite a lot but in the South there's a separate Gumtree.ie which isn't very popular. I tried to register on Gumtree.com but it wanted a UK postcode so I left it (make go back with a fake one). NI is >25% of the Irish market and there's a good chance I'd get some buyers for the items I can't sell here.

Advertisement