Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Payment with debit car keeps getting declined

Options
  • 02-04-2022 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am trying to top up my wise.com credit card with bank of ireland visa debit card, however, it always gets declined, I can do this with aib visa debit card and gpay. I have the sca setup and I can make other online payments so everything is in order with boi visa debit card but still payment will be declined on wise.com , I have tried to contact customer support to ask why but there are no related subject numbers to contact also it is impossible to reach a person to speak in general on the phone with boi. Can you please advise how can I resolve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SecondLife

Also I have just realized that it is not possible to contact customer support on the weekends and after business hours during the weekdays regarding declined payments. That means I you are trying to buy a Flight ticket from Ryan air out of business hours or at the weekend if your payment is declined by boi visa debit card, there is no way to contact them and get this resolved. if you are in another country and need to get that ticket asap you are fried, This is a real and a fact that BOI must be a customer services to resolve declined payments issues out of business hours too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today, we are very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with using the Visa Debit Card for your account to complete the transaction. In an effort to resolve this for you we would recommend that you contact our dedicated team on 0818200362 and our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this. Our customer service team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

Please be assured that we do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will be sure to pass this on.

For more information in relation to Strong Customer Authentication please see here.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement