Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddi not heating water long - config required?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭OO7FITZY

You could be right

Cyslinder is 20 years old I think and connected to an Eddi hot water diverter that's on most days so prob needs replacing

thx for feedback!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Also, the temp stat is at max, probably lead to shorter life span of immersion element (just a hunch)

afterthought, is it working at all? could just need temp stat replacing

Not working

drawing zero power

I'd try temp stat replacement first to avoid hefty immersion replacement, around €12-€15 from any electrical supplier

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

It should be under the blue cover on those thermostats.

https://community.screwfix.com/threads/non-reset-able-cut-out-on-thermostats-how-do-you-know-if-there.245903/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

So in my case, I had my solar installer call out yesterday. Turns out it was the thermostat in the immersion that was goosed! A simple and cheap replacement, seems to be fine now.

Just had the thermostat replaced and still not working

Eddi not showing any Kw going to Tank 1

Used voltmeter at contact points and can see Eddi is not sending power to cylinder

So it seems to be an Eddi problem now

I wonder if the firmware update caused an issue? It boosted once after the udpate but never since and now the termostat is new then problem points back to Eddi

thoughts?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

If you put the eddi to bypass, is the immersion heating?

It's on the switch at the bottom

• Advertisement

thx for advice

Moved the switch to bypass and screen on Eddi turns off but blue light on tank 1 is on

There is now hot water coming from the cylinder

App still showing no Kw to cylinder prob because the Eddi hub is off

So back to something wrong with Eddi / Eddi settings?

Bypass, bypasses the eddi and heats directly.

If you hit boost on the eddi, nothing happens?

If that's the case, contact myenergi

Deffo myenergi, they are very easy to talk to and have their own fitters in Ireland now

Thx again

contacted installer yesterday and they requested the serial number of the Eddi and will contact myenergi to help resolve

one last question - where does the eddi pull the power from on the bypass setting? Is it the panels or the battery or both or the grid?

on bypass the EDDI is dead so power will pull on demand, so if at night from the grid, if noon from surplus PV with grid top up as necessary

Bypass takes the eddi out of the loop entirely, power "bypasses" the eddi, think of it like an immersion switch.

In normal mode, boost does nothing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement