Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soaker Hose

Options
  • 02-04-2022 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Quick Q on soaker hoses...

Picked up a hozelock soaker hose recently to help cut down on the time I spend watering the borders in my garden, - its taking many hours a week in summer, - not a task I don't enjoy btw, but it takes time away from some other things.

So had it running for just a couple of hours the other day and it was pretty underwhelming to be honest, - just a cpuple of inches either side of the hose were wet, It does seem to be watering evenly at least.

What is the normal modus operandi? Do people just leave them on all day? I reckon it would nearly need to be on over night to spread a decent amount of eater through the border...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,070 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Working as designed. I'm not sure it's the right tool for a wide border though, but I've only ever used mine along a single line of shrubs where I wanted to target the root area.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Do you have enough hose to double it back across the border so that each side gets a soaking? Alternatively, you could loop it around some of the plants which don't handle drought well and give them a bit extra that way

Advertisement