Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men’s suit for wedding in Sicily in June

• 02-04-2022 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I’m (a male) going to a wedding in Sicily in June. Any advice on what to wear?

I presume a standard suit would be too hot. But don’t linen suits always look messy?

Does anybody have experience of this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I attended a wedding in Sicily in July 2019 and it was tough. The church had no air conditioning and the bride was late. Be well prepared with plenty of water and a fan.

I think most of the men amongst the guests opted for a suit with no jacket. A few men had waistcoats instead and I thought they looked pretty smart. Most were just in the shirt and tie/bowtie though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You can get linen blends that won't crease as easy.

I was at a wedding in Italy last summer and most of the lads wore full suits and shirts, and a good few in chinos & shirts. Very few ties. Some wore really nice quality t-shirts instead of shirts, but I suppose that would have to be your particular style to pull that off. A few had nice patterned short sleeved shirts so after the formal part of the event when the jackets came off that looked pretty nice with the suit trousers.

One thing they did all have... Nice pair of sunnies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Light coloured linen blend suit or seersucker would keep you cool. Then wear with an open shirt if it's not too formal.

That might be an option.

Or something like this:

If you want to be really Italian then you'll wear the trousers short and wear shoes with no (visible) socks.

Definitely get some nice sunglasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Most pasty Irishmen wont pull off that look 😁

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

We got married in Spain and although my husband did wear a suit, it was quite a lightweight one. But our guest wore quite relaxed suits, no ties and some had short sleeved shirts on. Its not usually as formal when its a wedding abroad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement