Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GDPR breach?

Options
  • 02-04-2022 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello,

I recently had a bad experience with a Ltd company in Ireland. My mums car had been hit by someone and I contacted an auto body shop in south Dublin about repairs. You contact them through text to ask for a quote after sending pictures ect.. anyways after awful customer service I left a one star review on google and explained what happened and that the customer service was awful. The said company then plastered my review on Facebook (which is fine) but they included the texts with my number clearly visible in the messages. Is this a breach of GDRP and can something be done about this?

He also replied in his google review admitting that he included my number on Facebook for ‘the **** and giggles’ so I have clear proof it was intentional.

Hope someone can help & many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

DataProtection.ie may be the people to see?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,993 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Definitely a GDPR breach, and definitely worth reporting to the DPC. They work slowly, so don't be surprised if it takes months for them to get back to you.

Advertisement