Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replanting Forest

• 03-04-2022 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

looking for some advice, A freind of mine is wondering if he’d be suitable for a grant, He planted the forest himself back in 1990, and it was cut earlier this year and was wondering if he could apply for a grant to replant, i checked it up and it pays per hectare but there was nothing about replanting one that didn’t get a grant, he paid for everything back in the day to do so.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭accidental forester

Any of the forestry companies can advise on that. I'd think he'd be eligible if the land is deemed suitable and no previous grants/premiums were paid out on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Unfortunately there is no grant to replant after a clearfell in the forest.

In certain circumstances yes, I.e within riparian zones transforming a conifer woodland to a native woodland or with the Ash reconstitution scheme. But with your conventional clearfell of conifers there isn't.

Unlikely to be with the price for timber at the minute too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Are you saying he didn’t apply for a grant in 1990?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement