Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the plant?

Options
  • 03-04-2022 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi

I have a green plant in most flowerbeds that seems to take over the garden flowerbeds each year. Can anyone tell me what it is? I not sure if it is a weed

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

All I can see are blind daffodils. Those bulbs need thinning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There does seem to be a random white tulip?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It's called a leg-pull. Mostly harmless but generally annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Hard to say from the photograph but my first thought were those were Spanish Bluebells. If so they are a weed (imo).

From what the OP says about them taking over then I say that helps confirm the are Spanish Bluebells or possibly even our native Bluebell which can become a weed in flower beds.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭06608124

Thanks. I'm leaning towards the blind daffodil answer. Will probably wait until next year ( when they flower again ) to thin so I don't pull flowing ones

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Blind daffs tend to stay that way. You might get the odd one towards edge of the group flowering but a lot of the reason they don't flower is that the bulbs don't have anymore room to develop. If you dig them up when they have died down and replant it will still be another couple of years before they get back going again.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement