Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair - Scissors cut in Dublin.

Options
  • 03-04-2022 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I’m looking for the best barber in Dublin who is able to provide an actual Scissors cut opposed to just trying to use a razor / clippers.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Grand barbers in grand canal dock and Abner's in Rathmines always done a scissors cut. Haven't been to either since before COVID.

But most will if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Sean Carr in Barber Cafe Smithfield. I travel double the distance since he moved there

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Sorry the bump but looking for a similar recommendation. Barber who's good with layering, point cutting, etc and can tidy up your hair without reducing much of the length.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

A dying breed my friend. Funny thing is, barbering as a career seems to be very popular, but the skill level is poor.

Unless your after a fade style, I think you’ll struggle to find someone decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Did you try any of the names mentioned above? Where do you go yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

I actually didn’t to be honest. I tried a few different other places and I have yet to find someone decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There used to be an apprenticeship. New there are YouTube vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭griffin100

A bit off the beaten track but the Belfield Barber in UCD is a proper old school barber who learned from his Dad. He happily does scissor cuts. You can get his number online to make an appointment (Ritchie is his name).

Advertisement