Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge electricity bill

• 03-04-2022 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey everyone hope this is an ok place to post this

I just got an electricity bill from airtricity for 240 euro. I recently renewed my contract with them and availed of the 24% discount and also recently moved into a new granny flat type accommodation which is considerably smaller than my last rental (3 bed semi). This bill is more than I ever paid in my last house that had a lot more electricity usage. My new place just has a bedroom, small kitchen and bathroom. I use the washing machine about once a week, rarely use the dryer, and in general don't use much else above boiling the kettle, taking showers and other small things. However I do have ATC electric radiators that I have on often enough, but have heard good things about their cost to run so I had hoped it wouldn't cause a surge in the bills but it seems likely they're the culprits. It still seems excessive as I only have 2 of them but usually only have one on for a few hours in the evening.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has any insight, tips, experience etc with airtricity etc so I can get my head around this.

Comments

Advertisement