Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New garden pond materials

Options
  • 03-04-2022 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I've used an old water tank as a garden pond the last few years but now want to make an actual garden pond.

I'm struggling to find a one stop shop where I can get the all of the materials needed to do the job.

Anybody suggestions to help me get going. I'm handy and happy to do the work myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Pondhobby.ie is worth a look maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CantCatchCovid

I bought a liner off these guys before ,

What type of pond are you going for ?

I've had a good few in different houses. I highly recommend putting in a collar of blockwork (or poured concrete) to set the level/support the edge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

we got our stuff in pond hobby; the main issue we faced with the pond was foxes, which took a shine to the butyl rubber liner in one pond, and treated it like a chewy toy and shredded it, so we ended up lifting it and replacing it with a rigid liner. got all the stuff in pond hobby. beware, the place looks like a bomb site out there last time we were there (they're doing a lot of renovation), but they should be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭blackbox

Another vote here for Fountains and Decor in Monasterevin.

Good quality and competitive pricing.

I've bought a pump and a liner from them in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Luisa66

Fully support the opinion about fountains and decor in Monastyrshchina 

Democratic prices, we are satisfied with the quality.

Last year my husband installed a fountain in the yard 

Most of the equipment bought there

• Advertisement
Advertisement