Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The change in the calendar is still f*cking with my head, has me thinking it's August.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Yes and Donegal done similar to armagh it was different a few weeks later.. either way. Dublin or kerry wins sam ,handy imo neither has peaked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Drama filled ending to the first game however it was very poor by Galway not to close the game out when 1-16 to 0-13 ahead on 70 minutes with the man advantage. Got out of jail by winning the penalty shootout i'd prefer a replay to find the a winner in All Ireland quarter final but it is what it is and it's obvious for Joyce and his management that he can't select Gleeson in goal for the semi final.

2nd game never caught fire. Tactical affair 1st half and I think Mayo would be disappointed they weren't leading but the Clifford goal proved the difference in that half. 2nd half impressive and controlling performance from Kerry. Blocked off the channels. Forced Mayo to shoot from positions they weren't comfortable from, Mayo pace coming from wing half back was nullified and weren't given a sniff of goal chance.

I know the media want to talk up Kerry's forwards but if Kerry go on to win this All-Ireland the improvement in defence deserves the most praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,519 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

youd have to look at the sideline re: Mayo.. they seemed to relinquish their tactical traits that they’ve use in the past to hinder more skilful opposition and provided a pathway to their ‘success’ …not too many digs or dragging/fouling off the ball today, or lying on top of / kicking balls away after the whistle or diving…the odd time sure..

an 8 point defeat, Mayo they really never laid a glove on Kerry if we are being honest ...i think they were level in the 27th minute and from that point Kerry were always ahead… 40+ minutes in the ascendancy….Mayo never even achieved parity. The Mayo half forwards and midfield look very porous defensively and the ability that Kerry had to transition from defending to attacking was superb… lightning fast actually and Mayo had no answer….

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Avon8

He's in an all Ireland semi now pal and if ye had one forward with half his talent yed have 5 all Ireland by now

Remember that we're only here because Cillian thought he had Walshs talent and tried to kick a free from his bad foot. Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭shockframe

Horan will get plenty of stick and will likely step away but he did as well as he could.

Mayo were probably on the wane since Newbridge in 2018 and getting to the last 8 x4 with 2 finals is a good return.

It could take them a while to resurface again. Covid helped them in a big way in 2020/21 but their underage hasnt been as strong so a rebuild will be on the way.

Question for Mayo fans. Who else would be the best man to take over(Besides the 2 o sheas, cillian, o connor, effin Andy Moran etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,932 ✭✭✭doc_17

Delighted that Armagh lost out today. Dirty wee digs all day and all designed to try and get people hurt or angry and retaliate. And then the eye gouge…..

Handlins against Tyrone, Donegal and then today. But according to McGeeney it’s all social media’s fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Enjoy the road home to knockmore pal. I literally couldn't think of anything more depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭shockframe

I can'y say I was all that impressed watching Kerry today.

It suits them down to the ground to be written off and Jack has often had the last laugh but for a county that has won 5 all ireland minors in a row they look well below what people thought they would be 3 to 4 years ago.

Bar Clifford who is already an all time great and 2 or 3 others who are quite good they don't look the 'Golden Years 3' side that they were hyped up to be....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Rory Gallagher and his setup must be costing Derry some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

That's the first smile ive managed since about the 45th minute of the Mayo game 😄

Already an all-time great? Would you calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The team has very much been rebuilt since Newbridge 2018.

Lots retired, and plenty of new faces.

Horan's term is over I believe so I'd expect a change.

And fair play to him, he has rebuilt Mayo football twice.

Today panned out as I expected.

They never had the forwards to really win that game.

Time will tell if the likes of Orme, Carney and Carr are true inter-county level, and hopefully Conroy and O'Donoghue can be back to full fitness for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The fight and eye gouge at the end of the Galway Armagh game is because the GAA system for dealing with such incidents is a joke. You have players getting away with red cards because of technical issues.

This leads to fellas doing all sorts of shite because they know they will get away with it. The GAA probably can't touch the lad who did the eye gouge because he wasn't a squad member so he will get away scot free. Probably after being "cited" but getting away on apoeal

The GAA aren't bother so the rules around redcrds and incidents so neither are the players.

Only the GAA can change it and they don't seem to be overly bothered with the amount of loop holes in the rules.

Get tough on the rules and punishment and watch the players fall into line or be punished properly.

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭rolling boh

A lot ofpeople expected Kerry to make a bit of a statement this weekend did not happen would still make them favs against the Dubs if the two lads are out they will up things when they see Dublin i feel . Other semi hard to call at the moment not convinced by Galway today should have seen the game out like the real deal .Derry on a roll so maybe favs just about .

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Haha, I normally don't respond to the type of poster who goes around calling people pal but might as well let you have your moment.

Walsh hasn't done a patch of what Cillian has done over his career but enjoy your win. It's not often ye manage to sh1t the bed in Croker and still get through. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Jonah Tali Lomu

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Kerry 4/5, Dublin 11/8.

Galway 11/10, Derry Evens.

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CornerForward10286

It took covid to bring the split season but it had to come. The everyday club player was been screwed right left and centre

Sound bud, Galway have 9 all Irelands and mayo have 3. One less than wexford

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Advertisement

Good God, everything you post is just miserable and negative. Why do you watch sport if this is how you go on?

Advertisement