Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

June Brown RIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

A good innings.

I re-watched that clip with her and Lady Gaga on Graham Norton recently...very fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

She was a great actress. RIP Dot

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

An absolute legend. 👍👍

June (aka Dot) was the rock of Eastenders. Never seemed to change over the decades. 💕 RIP June - your passing marks the end of an era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I only just heard the sad news. RIP June Brown. Soap star legend and royalty. She was a brilliant actress. I can remember her doing an episode of Eastenders all on her own, when Jim(Branning, her onscreen husband. He was a character as well) died. I think I heard she got a Bafta nomination for that performance. She deserved to win it. I'm surprised this thread hasn't had more activity.

I don't watch Graham Norton, but I remember flicking through the channels and June was on, so I watched it, it was good fun. Her and Lady Gaga got on like a house on fire. I kept hoping she would be back on Eastenders, thought it was maybe COVID that was keeping her away as a precaution. On the show, she was said to be staying in Ireland. Never checked up on the reasons. She had a long life, and especially so considering she loved her cigarettes. Eastenders won't be the same without her, it hasn't been. Eastenders producers and cast will I'm sure give her the send-off she so thoroughly deserves. RIP!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

I remember as an 8 year old kid coming home doing my homework and Dot Cotton would be on the new BBC soap Eastenders which my mam watched..

RIP, really good innings.

• Advertisement

Great bit of stuff and one of those rare people you find out are a Tory and it's like "Ah well, let's just ignore that". :P Not many **** given, came across like a lot of fun, doesn't seem like anyone had a bad word to say about her. The episode of Eastenders when Dot helped Ethel (Jesus Christ do I actually remember that much detail from something that happened to be on TV while I was in the room 20 years ago?? :L ) die was outstanding.

Advertisement