Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in getting a new BER?

Options
  • 04-04-2022 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭

Have a BER cert that's valid until later this year. House is C2 after getting double glazing and a new condenser boiler around 10 years ago. Only change since then is a stove in place of the open fire, installed about 2 years ago.

Might be putting the house on the market soon, is there any point in getting a new BER cert or is the stove unlikely to make enough difference to move a level?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭black & white

I had to get one for a house I’ve just sold, original was in 2010ish and was D2, the new one in January was E1 which knocked a few grand off the value of the house (according to the Auctioneer) when I questioned the rating was told parameters have changed. If possible check would you be in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Some mortgage providers are offering special rates for houses with grade B3 or above - could be a selling point if it falls into that bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭coolbeans

It makes sense if you can get it into B* territory as lower mortgage rates are on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Biker1

Putting in a stove will make little difference to your BER and certainly will not bring it up to a B3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

Thanks all. Never thought it would make B, just wondered if there was any chance it would go C1 although suspected not. Will just use the cert we have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement