Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobpath Extended For Another Four Years?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Cactusmania

• Registered Users Posts: 4 walker92

Hi. I just received a letter from intreo to attend one of these activation meetings next week.

This is my second time but the first time was with turas nua during covid so it was over the phone. With turas nua I signed the ppp not knowing that I had a right not to sign it. I spent around 4 months receiving fortnightly phone calls from them which was the biggest waste of time, didn't help me in anyway at all. I eventually plucked up the courage to just ignore the phone calls when they were due and eventually they just stopped and my payments weren't stopped/reduced by SW.

I'm wondering is Intreo the same as turas nua and has anyone refused to sign the ppp with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Intero is the Department itself, depending on where you live, larger Intero offices (SW) do the activation measures themselves. This is pathways to work as Jobspath, long since ended.

You can of course not sign PPP but that may be deemed as you not engaging. Be prepared for weekly meetings & updates from you via mywelfare

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 walker92

Thanks for your reply.

I'm dreading it tbh. I think because it's now meeting in person instead of over the phone they are gonna be a way more full on.

If its anything like turas nua it is useless. When I was dealing with them I sent the person I was dealing with a copy of my cv for her to make changes to and when I got it back it was like my 6yr old was after redoing it. She made a right state of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I hear you. The phone thing was primarily because of Covid. It would be quite Normal to meet directly with a Case officer (Intero) or Alledged Advisor " Seetac. In one sense it's better to deal with DSP staff directly, keep in mind there are also further education oppertunities.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement