Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with neighbour

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tanta51

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Hang on here a second there now....

I never said anything about having a person forcibly removed from their home and locked up in the district asylum.

All I said was that involving the CHO would get a welfare check done. And they *might" refer them on for proper psychiatric care, *if* that is the issue.

If someone is roaring the walls down all day every day for weeks, that is not in their best interests at all.

What you often see in cases like this is that someone has been perscribed treatment, but as soon as they leave and return home, the quit the tablets or whatever, and within weeks things deteriorate again, and you have this perpetual cycle of admission, treatment, discharge, relapse and re-admission. This is especially likely if the person does not have proper support, such as a family or partner who are genuinely supportive. In this instance, the partner seems to be an enabler and isn't supporting the the ill person as well as they ought to be.

I'm going out on a limb here totally, but if psychiatric patients are unreliable for taking medication then they can be treated with long acting injections that take away the reliance on taking tablets every day.

There is nothing wrong with asking a TD to support your request to the CHO if you do not make any headway with them initially. THe worst they can say is no. I am not saying that the CHO route is a silver bullet, but it is worth trying.

I can tell you, it is a better idea than getting a sound engineers report and putting up sound proof walls and all this sort of ridiculous caper.

That is my best advice on the issue. I think it is a very reasonable course of action.

They can either take the advice, or leave it.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

You make the sound engineer recourse sound so idiotic. It is one of the suggestions by FLAC on resolving disputes with your neighbours (http://www.flac.ie/assets/files/pdf/neighbour_disputes.pdf)

It is clear that OP and her other neighbours have exhausted all the other possibilities. If they cannot tolerate it any longer and the neighbour is not amenable to solutions, they are going to have to build up a case. This starts with objective evidence that there is a significant noise disturbance.

There is no hope that a TD will embroil themselves in something as sensitive as the situation outlined by OP

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If there are environmental factors outside your control which are endangering your health, then your first step is to consult your own GP.

They may not be able to tell you the full story, but they may be able to get some CHO or other involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tanta51

Ta.

Post edited by Tanta51 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Screaming is a type of noise that usually respond well to soundproofing. but you need expert assessment and solution designed for the flaws in your gable.

I get the vibe you are more inclined to take the extreme option of selling up rather than getting on to the CHO about it. That would seem to me to be jumping the gun a bit.

Another thing, selling the house might not be so easy. Are people viewing the house going to make offers if there is constant demented wailing coming from the adjoining house.

Oh fcuk all that pussy footing around. Life is too short for this.

I don't agree that the OP should have to sell their home. That is just passing the problem onto some poor unsuspecting buyer.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion - but if the neighbour is doing nothing to resolve the noise disturbance and letting it go on for days, and the family are ignoring the problems, then I'd go the court route and get a order compelling your neighbour to deal with the noise disturbance . If that means they have to hospitalise their family member, than so be it .

You are entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of your home. Your neighbour's mental health issues are not your problem to fix - and shouldn't impact on you. No way should you be forced to sell up or move because your neighbour is not stepping up and taking responsibility.

Go the legal route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Why has the OP deleted all their posts ?

They might have been worried about being identified. Or their cover blown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Closing as thread now pointless with OPs posts gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement