Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online automated gate supplier - opinions

Options
  • 05-04-2022 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Am looking at options to put an automated gate on our house and came across a supplier of aluminium gate kits that could be partially self installed. Anyone got experience with these sorts of suppliers ? it all seems pretty light weight is my only concern, but far cheaper than kit here

https://www.casanoov.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Hello, did you get your gates from casanoov ? I'm looking at getting new gates fitted to my existing electric mechanics (to improve privacy vs. the existing iron gates). This crowd is €3k cheaper than any quote I've gotten so far. Obvs there'll be installation costs but the difference is still huge. Would love to hear what your experience was, which way you decided and why. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

Post edited by embracingLife on

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Hey - I did not go with them in the end, actually have not done anything. Was very tempted, but without any references / past experience, I went with the 'if it looks too good to be true then it likely is' logic

• Advertisement

Tbh this company seems to have a good product, reading through the information it has all the equipment needed etc. Also the gate motor has a feature that once gate basically hits (with very little force in general) an object - such as a person - the gate motors stops immediately, so at least you won't be squashed against the wall 🤣.

All in all this gate motor system seems good. From the website it seems to be based in Europe somewhere, but I'm not sure which country. Doesn't appear they have any sales office in Ireland but all contact is based online.

I know the prices for Irish Gate motors and this site is very reasonable. Tbh I think it's decent system for the price as long as you are fairly knowledgeable on DIY and can fit it yourself.

I looked at the Hsa electric gate motor regulations and domestic gate motors are exempt. So it looks like you can fit these yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dalmighty

Anyone any experience with these or pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭grizzlyadams

Photocells are fringed on my electric gates , anyone know where I could get replacements , they are came dir 10 ones , it seems to be all UK websites and I'd rather get them local if I could , thanks, grizzly

• Registered Users Posts: 35 AgnesCalhoun1

Hi, I just came across this website and wondering if anyone here purchased and could provide a review? I would be looking for double 3.5m gates and a side gate but do not require automation. Thanks

Advertisement