Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cable attached to down-pipe -- who does it belong to?

Options
  • 06-04-2022 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Somebody has installed a new cable to the front of my house, it runs up the down-pipe and across the front of the house under the soffit to the house next door (terrace)

The cable is quite fat and is only cable-tied so its pulling the downpipe off the wall -- I want to find who owns it so they can fix it properly.

The cable is quite fat and flexible cos you can see the bend on it. Its not electrical because that comes in somewhere else.

I've contacted Virgin Media and Eir and both say its not theirs...who else runs cables like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ask the owner of the house it goes into.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Can you see where it originates?

Any text printed on the cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Siro telecom?

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Assuming it's your house and you did not grant permission just cut it down, you'll then find out who put it there quickly enough.

Advertisement