Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

books from the 90ties

Options
  • 06-04-2022 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

I was a teenager in the 90ties and was talking to a workmate today about some of the books we used to read.

One of those books was Bike Hunt by Hugh Galt. – I remember thinking it was top class at the time. Google found this one for me. 

There was also another book I remember getting from the local library, I cant remember name or author maybe someone can help me out

It featured Donny and his sister Meabh and her troublemaking husband Liam Cully. Donny & Meabhs parents had died when they were teenager so they were fending for themselves. Donny was doing Leaving cert or thereabouts.   Meabh a little bit older. Meabh had just had a child called Stephen, Stephen O Sullivan. 

Somehow Liam had gotten Meabh into a bit of trouble and there was a scramble to get themselves out. I think it involved some drugs and the crooks in the books were called Slits and Dogs. There was also a trip to London in the book. 

Donny also had some girlfriend whose mother wasn’t overly keen on him.

Other characters in the book Bill Moloney was the school teacher. Brother Sharkey or Jaws was another school teacher.

Swampy and Flagon were Donnys friends who also school pupils.

They played soccer at school, Donny was on the school team.

There was more than one book in the series.

Anyone remember this one or a name or an author, would like to trace it…..

one book was called Donny rides again or something but Google not finding that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭aidanki

after some searching i figured out the names

There are 3 books

Run Donny Run

Donny goes for goal

Donny in London

Author is Joe Buckley,

Anyone know where I could get copies of these.

Advertisement