Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fork query

Options
  • 06-04-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi I am thinking of buying the bike below for some light off road cycling

If I decide to up the intensity/difficulty of my routes would it be possible to swap in a suspension from the fork?

Would it be better just to go with a suspension fork with a lock-out option, to begin with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Personally I'd probably go with the hardtail (front suspension only) option straight up. Really depends on what level of off-roading you might expect to get into. That bike is probably suitable for most fireroads / double track and easier single track like coilte trails. I wouldn't go looking at changing the fork after buying it.

If you in the Dublin / Wicklow area biking.ie rent both gravel bikes and hardtails so maybe you can get a better idea for what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FocusST

Yes, I was hoping to get a titanium frame, with islets for a rack and a suspension fork but it looks like Planet X doesn't allow this.

Advertisement