Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop - price

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Well known brand. I think you could do better for that price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

So much wrong with that laptop, I don't know where to start.

Ultimately, all it's fit for is the bin. A pentium n6000, 4GB ram and just 64GB storage? it will struggle to even start up day 1, let alone be suitable for running anything. And certainly will struggle to even start up in the years to come as windows updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

...hence it is on S mode

There are positives and negatives, but in general its for "v low budget" devices where everithing is on web/cloud. price tag does not sound "v low" and i would not pay 250 for it, TBH would not even be looking at it

but this could be just me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I would not buy any laptop with minimum 15 inch screen, make sure its at least 4gig ram and it can be upgraded to 8 gig ram, 14 inch is too small for Netflix,

I'd prefer to buy a 17 inch laptop on adverts ie secondhand than say spend 400euro on 15inch laptop. Powercity sometimes have special offers demo laptops or laptops without all the packaging at say 30 per cent off normal price see Powercity.ie. I bought one a few years ago it was in as new condition . I used it for 4 years. Model hp pavilion.

I bought a chrome book 14 inch its fine for web browsing cost 260 euro in argos

12 hours battery life

in a years time I'll buy a 17 inch laptop or maybe build a pc

Advertisement