Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VM 3Rd Party Speeds Drop

Options
  • 08-04-2022 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed their own 3Rd party router, mesh etc speeds dropping on virgin media?

Using a Hub 3 in modem mode, into a Deco M4 in router mode with a switch for some of the non-Wi-Fi things/boost the mesh boxes (I know there is a more tech term)

My speeds where 510 or so and upload 50, the last month or so it’s been between 250-500 but ALWAYS 50 upload,

Long story short after not wanting to factory reset as thought the usual tech support script, I did it and tried and speeds back to 500 or so

Is this some push to use their own equipment so can see what you’re doing etc (tech support did mention she could see I wasn’t using their equipment) and then as you can’t change the DNS, they can do a great firewall job of China and block sites (I know you can change if yourself, but most people can’t/wont) 

Advertisement