Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday 9th April 2022

• 08-04-2022 4:27pm

Another day, another multiple picks in one race picks' day :)

This time t'race concerned has two picks, so that's v respectable imo, to narrow it down that much 😁

5.00 Thirsk

BLAZING SON ~ 6/1 e/w

Impossible to overlook this fellow here,, Blazing Son is topweight and an admirably consistent sort,, has a break to overcome and likely he doesn't have a lot of leeway off his mark,, Is yet to win, but has only had the six runs,, A potential crossbar hitter again, but he does like the soft going,, If it weren't for the ~ 166 days layoff he'd almost be nailed on for a place.

TOPTIME ~ 10s e/w

Twice a winner on the AW,, Has never won on turf, but has run a few decent races over 5f on soft/softish going, and shaped as if 6f on softer going may suit, on occasions ,, Only the one run over 6f on turf, and he flopped that day; though it was, however, his first run for his new trainer Roy Bowring then, last October, so will draw a line through it

these'll do me

GL

Comments

GN

a fair few e/w hopefuls atm,, might try whittle em doon a bit

DELTA WORK , RUN WILD FRED , BURROWS SAINT , MOUNT IDA , FIDDLERONTHEROOF , SANTINI , KILDISART , ENJOY D'ALLEN , DINGO DOLLAR , MIGHTY THUNDER , COMMODORE

Of the ones I'm not liking too much at top of market, I'm thinking I want to be against Minella Times (weight) , Any Second Now (weight + good ground) , Longhouse Poet (trip unknown and may prefer it softer) , Escaria Ten (ground worries) , Snow Leopardess (trip) and Eclair Surf (competition for lead could scupper his chances)

Unable to "whittle em doon" 😁 might do em all 😂

have noticed that Walk In The Park progeny are doing well as of late..

may yet do the below

Aintree 2.25 WALKING ON AIR

3.35 KOSHARI

6.20 ERNEST GREY , BLOW YOUR WAD

Bangor 4.52 SPIRIT OF REGULUS

Newcastle 1.37 EDMOND DANTES

g'luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Hugh is at it again. I have King of Jungle 3:15 Thirsk in my notebook, I opened the card on ATR to have look, yeap HT is on it, so the price is gone.

Grand National is basically a lottery but it's much more interesting to watch when you have money it, isn't it 🤣

ya could always back them 'notebook' jobs t'night before j@u,, that would solve your Hugh Taylor problemos 😃 was 6/1 in probable SP that King Of Jungle - looks like best price 3/1 now 🤣 :(

the mule Hugh put up t'other day come second, I think, so that weren't too bad; worse if it won 🙂

I expect to be roaring at me TV @ approx 5.23 , cos I've a goodly amount backed,, happy enuf atm, but the spectre of disappointment has to be took into considerations ; 'taint much fun when ones ya aint bet aint in contention come t'business end; race what stoppeth nation, or no,,

me Walk In Park bets - 2 down, 1 placed - Edmond Dantes @ 4s (almost MB) and t'other one - Walking On Air nowhere :) up aint the only way, but tis close 🤣

Hugh's pick come sixth 🤣 Remarks in copybook: "Must do better Mr Taylor" 😃

poster was right to keep powder dry , or did she have a punt at them cramped, rather prohibitive odds??

^^^^

'taint no one's business dude - dat's the beauty of internet anonymity 😋

^^^^

no such thing as 'anonymity' on t'web,, unless ya are a computer legend 😂

^^^^

well, 'within reason' anonymity then,,, we'll leave it at that 😊

^^^^

Sound 🤣 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

3:15 Thirsk King of Jungle got nowhere, good that Hugh put me off him, few pennies saved there.

If I'm to go at Grand National I'd go for Santini 40/1 and Two For Gold 40/1, yeah massive long shots, PP is paying 6 places in it which is pathetic when you compare it to 4 places in 12 runners races what they usually do 🤣

should be at least 7 places,, PP going five places on the 5.00 Thirsk race,, some onlines i think going 7 places GN, but 6 will have to do,, say la v 😔

A boost there, of sorts, for Santini backers,, Sam Brown, a runaway winner of 4.15 @ Aintree there,, horse previously had no form on good ground, but he did come third at the course last December, on soft..

Santini has won at Aintree before and come placed on soft ground from two course runs in total, and he has also never won on good ground. Could it be a good harbinger for Polly Gundry's charge?? OY OY OY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😆😝

Advertisement