Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend A Bank / Building society

• 08-04-2022 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,631 ✭✭✭✭

So,

basically I have had enough of EBS… banking there since my late teens and want a change.

i live in an area, a busy residential area that has ALL major high street financial institutions within a ten minute drive so every one of them is conveniently accessible.. Bank of Ireland, AIB, Permanent TSB,

im not envisioning ever requiring loans or anything aside from reliable, user friendly, client focused day to day banking…

can anyone recommend from their own personal perspective pros, cons or otherwise of their experiences with the above 3 ?

many thanks…

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,072 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Recently got a mortgage via AIB and found them really good and efficient to deal with. Am currently an Ulster customer so will be moving all my personal accounts to AIB shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I'm a long term customer of AIB -

very happy with all services received and good online access to services.

Current customer of KBC - but they are on the way out so no good going there.

Your local credit union may be offering current accounts - worth looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I would steer clear of PTSB from personal experience. Lots of complaints on here about how bad BoI are (can't get an accurate account balance between Friday evening and Tuesday morning apparently).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

What are your actual personal experiences??? There are complaints about all banking services and I would not characterise complaints against BOI to be any worse or better than the rest.

Advertisement