Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mister-Auto.ie - Driver's Side/Passenger Side

• 09-04-2022 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭

A warning that Mister-Auto's part descriptions can be all over the place for handed parts. Needed a driver's side window regulator for my wife's 2013 Superb. Ordered from Mister-Auto with the description of "driver's side". Duly arrived over a week later. I stripped down the door only to find that it was a passenger side regulator and is bog all use to me. There is a subtle difference in the length of the cables so not immediately noticable until you either compare to the original and try to fit.

The description of driver's side obviously relates to LHD vehicles as Mister-Auto are a French company. However, I've found their descriptions a bit erratic at times. I think I'll avoid them if I'm not sure in future.

Anyway, i've stripped the door and have the old regulator out. About an hour's work. Not much point in putting it back together as we can manage without the car for a few days. I'll return the part and try and source something locally as I can't wait another week for a replacement.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Did you use the .ie site and enter your reg? I only ask because I tried it just now, using a 2013 Skoda estate as an example (used the drop down menu as I don't have a reg), and at the top they show the driver's side as the right and passenger as the left. Are the parts wrong in the description below? Never done a regulator on a Skoda so perhaps they are wrong.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Yep, that's what I did. I ordered the Vaico part (second in that list - and just double checked the ref-number on the order confirmation) and it turned out to be for the Driver's side for a LHD car. They'll take it back and refund, but it's the hassle.

I managed to get one in a local motor factors yesterday and fitted it. All working now. It was a completely different design to OEM, but they said they've supplied loads of them without issues. Cost €95 so a bit dearer, but worth it to get the job done and the car back on the road.

Advertisement