Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exeter vs Munster 1st leg

13»

Comments

There were so many penalties ignored there, offside, wrong side of ruck, attempting to play the ball on the deck. Munster should have done better but the ref let Exeter away with Murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Shehal

Again no attacking structure, way too easy to defend for any top champions cup side....

Truly awful from Munster. Send the coaches on the way now, let the players finish the season by themselves. Hard to overstate how bad that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Oh well, decent game but Exeter showed some class there. Should be an exciting 2nd leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Crucial stop there by earls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

What a try saving tackle from Earls

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I love Keith Earls.

How Munster are somehow potentially getting out of this match with only a 5 point loss is honestly a miracle, at least gives them a good shot in the 2nd leg as surely Munster cant be this bad a 2nd week in a row?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

phenomenal tackle from Earls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If running 40m, getting over the line and dropping the ball isn't advantage over, what is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Classic example of "form is temporary, class is permanent"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

Mad defense from both teams.

The amount of failed visits to the 22 by both teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

This is a cripple fight in attack both teams without a clue. Earls is some man that was savage

Not even trying to be legal in that defensive maul, they have truly given up havent they....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Decent fightback from Munster. They showed excellent discipline near their line to repel Exeter. The latters grinding, forwards based game, isn't as good as it was a few years ago, but it still took great effort from Munster to keep them out.

Unfortunately, solid defence near their line is the only thing Munster can take out of the game. They're lightyears behind the other Irish provinces with regards to their attacking alignment, handling and passing skills. They just don't have the ability to open up defences. They only looked like threatening to score a try when playing against 13 men. And even then their backline was so disorganised that they almost conceded an intercept.

Munster were poor in their phase defence and and were opened up on numerous occasions. Chris Farrell in particular had a stinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Exeter were class, even with two players down at one point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

5 point deficit? Take that to the bank and back to Thomond.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

That’s a missed opportunity for Munster to win that match and take a lead back to Limerick next week.

Grand result for Munster, should go through comfortably enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Okay a 5 point loss is a victory as far as I'm concerned after that **** show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Great defensive effort from Munster. Two massive moments from Murray and Earls could have a massive say in the outcome of this tie.

Post edited by stephen_n on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So Exeter, who couldn't score in their 6000 visits to Munsters 22, decide to back their line out instead of increasing their advantage to 8?

Some seriously brain dead rugby played out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could of been worse

16th man/women needed next week now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Really wish they would clarify this rule better. Like x number of meters or say 2 phases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

Two very poor teams. Both have regressed badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Shocking inaccuracy by Exeter in attack allows a brave but extremely limited Munster to stay in the tie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Any of the key absentees sure to be back next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭ironingbored

How on earth Exeter only won by 5 is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Have to take that 5 point deficit, on the balance of play Exeter should have won by more. In many respects, the game was reminiscent of a lot of Munster’s past European Cup away games. Under the cosh for most of the game but hanging in the for a losing bonus point. Just a different format this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

They kept backing their lineout and maul, despite no evidence that either were effective.

If they'd just kicked their goals they'd have a much better cushion. Utterly headless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭mun1

Stand up and fight until you hear the bell…

and they sure did fight til the end .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

Exeter were held up twice and knocked on over the line in the last 30. That's 3 visits to the in goal with no points. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

You can't question the effort and desire of the Munster players. But by god are they toothless, indisciplined and lacking any structure in attack.

If I was an Exeter fan I'd be furious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Both sides will be kicking themselves after that. Exeter should have been out of sight after 40 minutes, Munster should have gotten at least one more try against 13/14 men.

Munster by far the happier though, I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

Yeah it's shocking. There should definitely be a meter and phase rule brought in. Going back to the 10 meter after they made it to the line was an awful call.

Exciting game all round though. Thought Munster should have taken 3 instead of Scannell tapping. Exeter left huge points out there as well. Going to be a good second leg

based on your comments in the thread , i thought you were both an Exeter fan and furious 😚

Will take that scoreline but that double penalty when Munster had all the momentum was infuriating.

Some big individual errors at times really hurt Munster and the bluntness of attack is just not good enough and it's down to coaching.

That said, that's a very disjointed team missing a heap of internationals and overall I think a very good performance in terms of effort and commitment.

based on your comments in the thread , he thought you were both an Exeter fan and furious 😚

• Advertisement

Not sure how he'd draw that conclusion. My one other post in this thread was...

"The only good thing about Munster is their defence. It's the only thing keeping them in this game. But it's only a matter of time."

That was just before HT. Seemed like a fair comment at the time? Not sure how that makes me an Exeter fan. I wanted Munster to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Poor out of Casey going for the try with men over to his right and 2 men in the bin... that had to go through the hands.

Yeah thought it was greedy from Casey to go from glory rather than play it wide, not the first time he has tried that this season either .

just seen the earls tackle and missed the excellent busting his ass covering by Farrell and he knocked it out of the wingers hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

Toon many errors from Munster, we've some great guys coming through but we really missed a few of the older guys today.

Our last penalty when they still had a man in the bin, I thought we should have kicked at goal and then try get down the field again from the re-start.

I also thought the ref left Exeter off with a fee infringements when defending their try line.

While it was infuriating that we coughed up a penalty 5m out and they down to 13, the next penalty was a harsh call on JOD, I've seen worse allowed go. They went 80m from those two pens and I think they got their DG from a clearance kick from their kick to the corner of JODs penalty.

Anyway, it's halftime and we trail by 5, still very much in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

Munster should go through Exeter are a fairly poor team.

Advertisement