Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Phone Battery?

• 09-04-2022 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wanted to know what people's experience is with getting a battery replacement for there phone? Any places that do a good job?

I have a Samsung A70 Phone for the past 2 and a half years. Great phone and still works perfect apart from having to plug it in half way through the day which is annoying.

I have heard from some people that the batterys used in replacement are often of poor quality.

However, I'm of the opinion that it is rediculously wasteful to shelve a perfectly good phone just because the battery is on the way out.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd be inclined to get a new phone unless provider can supply and fit original genuine Samsung battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

https://www.iparts-4u.co.uk/samsung-battery-replacement i think you can go to good phone shops, in moore street or grafton street area, they stock new batterys, as long as the battery is not used ,it should last 1-2 years depending on how much you use the phone, on wifi, 4g data, youtube etc hold on to the receipt, theres probably apps that will test the battery and tell you is it in good nick.

my sony experia phone is from 2019, i get 2 days use on it, screen says 2days 5 hours if i charge it to 90 per cent.but i just use it for muisic,podcasts, radio , i dont use it on 4g browsing or wifi.

or go to an official samsung parts source ,not joe bloggs phone shop.theres a place near the main entrace ilac moore street they sell new batterys for phones .

Advertisement