Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW33 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

feels like brighton have had more dgw's than anyone and this week its city and spurs for them

I don't think they've done anything in any of them so far...surely unlikely they will this weekend either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Absolutely, if you're contending play it safe with the big names. If you're out of contention, live a little, when else are ya gonna captain Dan Burn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

More than likely will use FH this GW, will have 3/4 SGW players and then get in Leicester, Newcastle, Arsenal and maybe Unites DGWer's is what I have on my draft. Will wait until after tomorrow night to see how Leicester line out and result et.

18k OR and in main ML 85 points clear. I wouldn't go too mad on FH but hope what I can do can extend the lead and just try and keep solid on run in and in line with the teams chasing me player wise. Will BB then 36 or 37.

On FH33, might go double Newcastle attack over defence? They are sticky and against Wolves it was dire, but would also take a double CS too. Not too sure. And then I'm hear to myself; Newcastle over Liverpool / Spurs / City SGW players....

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

you can blame dgw for a lot of us stuck with weghorst no one would have him only for that- now were stuck with the turd for awhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Laca not pictured in training today. Reckon Nketiah could get a start soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Newcastle play Leicester (who play EL 1/4 final) & then Palace (who play FA Cup semi final), both at home. St.James Park is rocking these days. Definitely wouldn’t put you off double Newcy forwards.

Add in the fact there are feck all options!

Think I'll do Laca and Doherty to Wood and Schar. Not convinced on any of the Leicester options really with 3 games in 7 days. May still go with Maddison due to fomo though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Playing BB this week with a view to FH in 37 or 38 and I have 2 FT's.

Team is decent I feel and currently have 5 DWGers with a view to get 3 more.

Ramsdale, Foster.

Cancelo, Robertson, White, Amartey, Doherty

Saka, Salah, Kulu, Coutinho, Raphinha

Weghorst, Kane, Toney

My plan currently is to swap Doherty Coutinho and Raph out for Schar, Maddison and Dewsbury Hall for a -4

Not the most inspiring transfers but I do want to play the BB this week and prob the best week to do it.

I'll have 3.2 ITB then to upgrade Schar to James/maybe another City or Pool defender.

Anyone doing similar or any other suggestions? Feels like I'm getting the doubles in for the sake of it but after this GW, Amartey Dewsbury Hall and Weghorst will be my 3 bench players.

I think you are right to use the BB now.

Id be punty & go Weghorst -> Wood/ASM for another -4.

Weghorst rumours he would be dropped last game, he wasn’t but he was hooked on 55 minutes. I think a Newcastle forward can outscore Weghorst by 4 points in this GW.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

FH this week

Ramsdale (Sanchez)

Livramento, TAA, Robertson, Targett (Taylor)

Cornet, Ward-Prowse, Sake, Salah, (Son)

Broja, Wood, (Toney)

Going to Wild card in GW35 with a BB in GW36 in mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Im still torn between a Newcastle player and bringing in a Southampton midfielder like Ward-Prowse

That's something I never even considered, at least the BB could negate the -8.

I hate having Weghorst cause he's so bad but feel if I took him out, he'd score. Interesting one though, will mull over it thanks.

Yes it's the 12.30pm KO but I wouldn't go without Kane and Son in my FH team if I had the choice.

With Son in brackets, are you benching him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Tonight's Leicester line up & result will be the main deciding factor on what midfielder to bring in. As of now, I think Madisson has a higher points ceiling because of the assists and set pieces, but Barnes probably has a higher expected minutes across the DGW because he was rested recently.

One other thing that is leaning me towards Madisson is that it's the 2nd game that I would want him for anyways. Because I will probably have double Newcastle defence, I don't really want Leicester scoring in that game, unless it's solely the Leicester attacker I have. I'd be happy for a sub appearance in that game really, at the end of a 0-0 or 1-0 Newcastle win!

Dewsbury-Hall is also an option and while he would be a great enabler, and probably plays in both games at some point too, it would also allow me to do an ambitious Saka->Salah move in 34 with a -4 involving Weghorst out.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Yes at the minute he is on the bench, I have time for changes still though :)

IMO, if you're using your FH, select the strongest 11 and fill your bench with cheap fodder that might play, 2 cheap playing subs might be enough.

Laca not in training again today, that's my mind made up on one transfer at least.

Madisson scores to level up their European Conference game. 15 mins to go so we might have ET.

I think I'll go Madisson over Barnes anyways, even with his larger number of minutes played and ET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Barnes went off at half-time no word about injury so I dunno how to read that considering they where a goal down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Chelsea double gameweek 34 on the cards of they beat palace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Double sub and formation change happened. Probably wasn't liking what he was seeing in the first half.

With the recent fixture announcements I might scramble together a FH33 team now as we might lose the Chelsea & City doubles in 37

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

So now Im thinking of shipping out Gray for Jorginho to be ready for the DGW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

What are people doing with Weghorst?

Tempted by

Doherty to Telles

Raph to Maddison

Weg to Wood (but its a minus 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Guru 123

I think you give him one more week, when he has the double. I am anyway.

I need to make ground so think I'm going to chance Kane to Ronaldo and captain him the next 2 weeks now that it looks like they have a double double even though I know it's unlikely he starts all 4.

Yeah I'm keeping Weghorst for one last GW. The DGW has me!

Debated benching him for Broja but Burnley will be playing a tired West Ham who are missing a few CBs. Southampton are in poor form too, and Burnley need the points there too. So there is a double reason to not go with Broja.

• Advertisement

Can anyone remember if it is Bruno or CR7 on the penalties?

the reason I ask cause I’m thinking of -4 Bruno ti Salah as Bruno plays 4 v Salah 2 in next 2 weeks

Advertisement