Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Regular Season 2022 Season Thread

• 10-04-2022 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

Let's get this thread started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Liking what the Mets are doing. So far 1st place, excellent starting pitching with their least effective starter being Scherzer, and Walker and de Grom on the DL! Megill's been a revelation, Carrasco more than serviceable and Bassitt (thank you, Oakland!) is a steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Is MLB Big Inning on MLB TV the baseball equivalent of Red Zone?

It's not loading for me though, is it region specific?

Now, I can die in peace. Another no hitter! Wow! Let's go, Mets!

Somewhat surprised there aren't more 'combined' no hitters with so much bullpen use, but it is what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Saw a tweet today bemoaning the SF Giants current run of form, but optimistic that there are still 121 games left this season. I was lucky to see them beat the Nationals in Oracle park in one of winning games this year

• Advertisement

Season is well underway; ASG should be fun.

And, the future is here now. Oneil Cruz made a redonkulous debut in Pittsburgh. Maybe Pittsburgh can build a team around him, or trade him to the Mets :) (The Slate article is behind Slate's semi-paywall, but archive.ph has the whole thing.) Apparently besides hitting a home run (hardest hit ball by his team this year) in his debut and scoring from 3rd on a sac fly by running super fast, he threw a ball over 97mph from short to first to get a runner. Oh, and he plays shortstop and is 6'7" tall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

From Thursday to Sunday this week all games are "Free Game of the day" on the MLB.TV app.

RIP Vin Scully. Passed away 2 August. Legend. Listened to many of his broadcasts. Amazing he started his career with the Brooklyn Dodgers and finished it up with the LA Dodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Thanks for posting this. I had missed this. Always loved Vin Scully. If you have access to the NYT, they did a fantastic obituary.

Which issue of the Times? Brother in NYC can get it for me or scan it in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Obit was dated 2 August online, so possibly 3 August for the print edition.

Forgot to bookmark this thread this year. Seems to be pretty quiet.

Lets blame that on the Nats and Red Sox being poor.

Presume Mets fans are afraid to jinx anything

Anyway, the play-offs in particular the NL could be epic this season.

Could have the Padres vs the Braves in the wild card game. I know the Dodgers just swept the Padres, but the play-offs would be a different scenario altogether. And the Braves have had the better of the Dodgers over the past two seasons when it comes to October baseball.

And then you have the Mets who look very strong right now.

I've paid very little attention to the AL so far this year, but really hope the Mariners finally make the playoffs. I wouldn't fear the Yankeess too much being honest.

Every team (with some notable exceptions) wins and loses 60 games. It's the other 42 that matter. There's tonnes of baseball left to play. Nats are surprisingly poor and letting Soto go really has to be deflating. Don't understand the Red Sox implosion at all but admittedly don't follow them except when they're playing the Y*****s for someone to root for.

Braves pitching was lousy this last weekend stretch. Mets have had remarkably good starting and one thing I'm enjoying is how sound they are defensively and baserunning. The Mets second baseman throwing home to get the Braves' catcher D'Arnaud trying to score was a real big play.

Saw an amusing stat: since Daniel Vogelbach, who is built like the Pillsbury dough boy, joined the Mets, they are 12-2. How's that for a trade-deadline acquisition?

Mets bring the old timer's game back. My tears are flowing...

Fair play to Aaron Judge. 60 home runs, likely to break Maris' record soon. All time great season.

Advertisement